B16a stroker

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joesbadcrx

I wanna know how you can make a B16a into a 1.8 stroker by using parts off the B18c1 gsr motors. do i have to use the b16a pistons or the gsr. I know you have to use the crank and rods but what else?

I was gonna start a new thread about a stroker kit but i found this instead. I was wondering what kinda gains would one see from the Crowner Stroker kit for a B16A. It says that it will bump up displacement to 2.0, will that give some decent gains? Also are there any other companies that offer better kits for the same amount or a bit less cuz this kit is kinda pricy?

Well what if we want to keep our b16. I would rather stroke my b16 then go ls/vtec i like my extra oil squirters or how ever you spell it. I was thinking of getting the golded eagle stroker kit personally

Well i found out that I can use my gsr crank and rods but do i use the b16a pistons or the gsr pistons. Help me out here on making this b16a a stroked b18

Originally posted by drpenguin+Sep 20 2005, 11:14 PM-->
Well what if we want to keep our b16. I would rather stroke my b16 then go ls/vtec i like my extra oil squirters or how ever you spell it. I was thinking of getting the golded eagle stroker kit personally
[post=557525]Quoted post[/post]​

Run coated forged pistons- you won't need the squirters then. Hell, just run forged pistons- you still won't need them.

joesbadcrx
@Sep 22 2005, 08:16 PM
Well i found out that I can use my gsr crank and rods but do i use the b16a pistons or the gsr pistons. Help me out here on making this b16a a stroked b18
[post=558863]Quoted post[/post]​

Nope, you can't do that either. You could use the GSR crank and rods, but that would require custom pistons to fit into the B16 without slamming the pistons into the head.

why not just sleeve it to 84mm. about the same price as a stroker kit and can still rev the bitch to 11k lol

NO you cannot run a gsr crank and rods and any stock piston in a b16. You would have to get pistons with a different wrist pin location.

Quoted post[/post]]
So i can run the b16a pistons with the gsr crank and rods and i'll be fine.

How many times does everyone have to say "no"?...that combination wont work(GSR crank/rods+B16pistons in a B16) unless you get a deck plate thatll turn it into a B18 anyways or a Tech43 Piston Kit(requires rebore).

I dont think the head will even bolt on if you tried that GSR crank/rod w/oem piston setup in the B16.

rebore isnt that expensive...but i think i might be getting a discount since my friend owns an engine shop.

Back