b16a swap in a 99 civic ex NEED HELP!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

na civic

I have a 99 civic ex and i put a b16a motor in w/ a p2t ecu. I used my stock harness The car runs fine but im having issues w/ the distributer wiring. I cut the stock si plug off and rewired my stock distributer plug from my ex ( I left the dark blue wire not conected) but when i start the car it smells like some thing is burning or getting hot in the dizzy plug. I also put a high output alternator (165 amp stock is 70 amps) in it and i keep blowing the alternator fuse in the fuse box in the car! WHY???????????? is it to much amps?? or wiring???? is there ANY wires i have to pinout or change on the ecu? This is the first and last itme i ever try a swap myself

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! NA CIVIC:(

First of all why would you need to rewired an si dizzy, if it is obd2 it is plug and play with you d series harness. Secondly your probably blowing fuses cause you have some crazy ass alternator meant for high output sound systems and it is producing too much power for your stock fuse block to handle.

I would get the proper dizzy.

Like the above post says if you have a 99 civic and are using an obd2 dizzy/engine it should be plug and play.

Last edited:
check your wiring honda's are simple it's something stupid not much happens to these cars
i'd check the wiring on what ever you cut and spliced then i'd make sure you have enough grounds hooked up ( the wire from the motor to the frame of the car !!!! )

Back