B16A2 & D16Y8 TB question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sula

Does anybody knows if those engines has the same TB width...?

I'm asking because I wonder if could put AEM V2 which has been installed on b16 to my d16...

Thanks...

It won't fit. B series and D series things aren't interchangable.

isnt it attatched to teh TB by a silicone coupler? if so, then size doesnt matter unless you are going to somethign bigger; then you will have a slightly harder time putting it on, but it should work. Is this intake going into the same car (ie: 95 civic - 95 civic)?? As long as nothign is abstructing the path of the intake in either car, you should be ok.

well I don't think it'll fit anyway. The y8 is a 58mm TB and the a2 has a 60mm TB.

Originally posted by 2000Si@Jul 1 2005, 09:39 AM
well I don't think it'll fit anyway. The y8 is a 58mm TB and the a2 has a 60mm TB.
[post=519055]Quoted post[/post]​

Didnt he say he wanted the B16 V2 to go on a Y8 TB? or did I red it wrong? if this is the case, a tightened clamp will take care of the unfilled space btwn the TB and coupler. It should be fine.

Go test it out dude. Why would you ask if you dont have both of the TB's at your disposal?

Originally posted by B16CRX@Jul 1 2005, 06:32 AM
isnt it attatched to teh TB by a silicone coupler? if so, then size doesnt matter unless you are going to somethign bigger; then you will have a slightly harder time putting it on, but it should work. Is this intake going into the same car (ie: 95 civic - 95 civic)?? As long as nothign is abstructing the path of the intake in either car, you should be ok.
[post=518995]Quoted post[/post]​

Since the V2 is a cold air, the routing will be interesting if its for the wrong car... but as far as fitting the TB there should be no problem at all.

Originally posted by B16CRX+Jul 1 2005, 04:44 PM-->
Originally posted by 2000Si@Jul 1 2005, 09:39 AM
[post=519055]Quoted post[/post]​

Didnt he say he wanted the B16 V2 to go on a Y8 TB? or did I red it wrong? if this is the case, a tightened clamp will take care of the unfilled space btwn the TB and coupler. It should be fine.

Go test it out dude. Why would you ask if you dont have both of the TB's at your disposal?
[post=519357]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by wanderinman@Jul 1 2005, 05:25 PM
B16CRX
@Jul 1 2005, 06:32 AM
[post=518995]Quoted post[/post]​

Since the V2 is a cold air, the routing will be interesting if its for the wrong car... but as far as fitting the TB there should be no problem at all.
[post=519381]Quoted post[/post]​

That's also what I was hinting at. I don't know if the CAI is routed the same way on Si's vs the EXs.

well I pointed out the fact of the routing in my first post I beleive. He didnt specify the car, only motors.

Back