B16B Rod Length?????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AllMotorB18Civic

I cant find the rod length of a B16B CTR motor. Has anyone acually measured one or knows of a reliable resourse of information on it?

that sounds like A. if the B16B is a B18 block with B16 crank then it should be ~143mm.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Feb 11 2005, 11:03 AM-->
projekteg
@Feb 11 2005, 09:42 AM
b16 rods are 134.36 mm (5.29 inches)
[post=459482]Quoted post[/post]​

a or b?
[post=459494]Quoted post[/post]​

they're equal to eachother ;) just gave him two different units of measurement to choose from. so the answer is 'c' , all of the above. and as far as i know, b16b has regular b16 rods.

ok, i was definitely wrong about the b16b having b16 rods. i just read somewhere that a guy who tore down his b16b, actually found p72 rods inside, if that is the case, they're 137.9mm

can't be.

let's use some deductive reasoning here...

deck height is the same as a gsr
stoke is obviosuly different... less displacement.

so, if you ask me, it would seem that a gsr rod would not work.

Hey B, the stroke is shorter than a 1.8, right, so in order for the piston not to be way in the hole @ TDC it needs longer rods, right?

Originally posted by katman
B16B pistons infact ARE longer than B18C/C1/C5 rods. They're actually the longest B-series rod.

katman knows his shit... and i think he meant to type b16b RODS infact.... not pistons.

.i quote from the site
« Re: B16b rods different length than B18C5? (allMotor93Hatch) « » 3:33 AM 10/23/2004 Reply Edit

so you are saying that if i had a b16b blcok and put itr rods, gsr crankshaft, and itr pistons, i would have an itr motor?

sounds like a lame ass question, but if its true, why not just do that to all of the b16b motors to make them 1.8 liters?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what do you guys think about this?

and this
Stroking B16B's is a rather popular thing to do in japan.

to use more deductive reasoning. the pistons are further in the hole then itr/gsr engines. we know this because the compression ratio on the b16b is only like 10.8-11.0 right? and with ctr pistons in a itr engine you get 12+ compression. this further complicates the matter. i guess the only way to find the correct length would be to get one and measure it. maybe 97HB or 97CTR whatever his name is will see this thread. he had a b16b in his ek civic and i remmeber he took out the ctr crank and rods for gsr counterparts. he could measure them

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Feb 13 2005, 08:22 PM
to use more deductive reasoning. the pistons are further in the hole then itr/gsr engines. we know this because the compression ratio on the b16b is only like 10.8-11.0 right? and with ctr pistons in a itr engine you get 12+ compression. this further complicates the matter. i guess the only way to find the correct length would be to get one and measure it. maybe 97HB or 97CTR whatever his name is will see this thread. he had a b16b in his ek civic and i remmeber he took out the ctr crank and rods for gsr counterparts. he could measure them
[post=460523]Quoted post[/post]​

the compression is lower on the b16b because less stroke/displacement. if you were to stroke the gsr/itr and still use the ctr pistons and piston height it should be around the same to that of a gsr/itr with ctr piston.

Back