B16's Time Trial Road Racing Del Sol Overhaul Thread!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Replaced the master and slave, no go.. Started pulling the tranny again last night, should have it completely out by tonight to re-asses what the F is going on with this POS.

The Autozone axles I got already lost all the grease in their boots. Thinking of replacing them with OEM or raxles.

Just keep replacing with AZ axles- lifetime free = good stuff.

Boots leak? Split? Wahhappened? Are they that shitty quality? Or is the application - load, heat, etc. that demanding?

I can usually run AZ axles for about 16 runs down the strip without any issues, the ones I have on the teg now have seen 20+ runs

I've heard some bad stories about DSS. People in HC seem to love raxles or oem. I'll see what my Honda discount looks like compared to raxles.

I think I found the problem with my clutch. I don't think my pressure plate is supposed to have that metal piece sticking out, I think it is part of the spring... Sucks, this clutch is less than a year old and has only 2 track days on it!

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo-4.jpg
    photo-4.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 421
ACT 2600?

curious due to the yellow pressure plate. and your clutch plate should be fine. maybe you could post a WTB and just get a used one?

ACT 2600?

curious due to the yellow pressure plate. and your clutch plate should be fine. maybe you could post a WTB and just get a used one?

Yup, that be the one!

Good idea, I might do that. The clutch disc and flywheel are in great condition still.

Ordered a competition 6 puck sprung clutch. Should be here tomorrow or the day after. Also ordered OE axles from HPD.

Who cares about the core. You'll get the $$ back. Just sent them your shit autozone axles

Back