B16's Time Trial Road Racing Del Sol Overhaul Thread!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Really not interested in shipping them two axles... lol

Got my new clutch on, got a Competition 6 puck sprung. Next to get the tranny back on and everything buttoned up. Hopefully have her running again this week!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 616
  • photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 620
  • photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    36 KB · Views: 611
Good fer ya - I need to get myass in gear and put mine back together.....

Went to put the trans back on last week and noticed I had two more stripped holes in the block. I actually had 3 all together. I repaired one before installing the clutch, only to realize two more were stripped! All threads are now repaired via helicoil, now to find time to reassemble again..

She runs! Drove her around the block tonight. :). Few more things to do before I can track her.

If u ever make it down to Buttonwillow, let me know.. ill come out and say whats up.. take some pics or somethin

Glad to see you are keeping it for now!

HPD is great but, it always seems like they do 2 day shipping and I get raped on it.

If u ever make it down to Buttonwillow, let me know.. ill come out and say whats up.. take some pics or somethin
For sure! Buttonwillow is a fun track, its been a few years since I've been down there, need to make another trip.

Glad to see you are keeping it for now!

HPD is great but, it always seems like they do 2 day shipping and I get raped on it.
Not necessarily keeping it, but might as well drive it while I have it in my possession right? ;)

Yes, their shipping rates are ridiculous.

Holy fucking shit!

After taking a hiatus of over 1 and 1/2 years I'm going racing again on 4/13-14! Now I need to re-fab my catch can and make sure the car is in order.

Might need new tires since it has sat on them for such a long time. :(

woo hoo!

Infineon? Or buttonWillow? Saw they had a SpeedVentures event those days

Last edited:
So, I took my car to get realigned and balanced again since I thought the car drove like shit with the way the last dude aligned it. Come to find out I had 1" of TOE IN! 1"!! jesus, its amazing I was able to even turn a 2:06 at THill like that. No wonder the car kept spinning on me. The rear had a little toe in and cross weight was off by 6%.

This weekend should be good now that I have my shit dialed in right. I also got this app on my iphone for integrating video, laptimes and G's. Need to go find a suction mount for it. Should be pretty cool.

Got fresh tires, fresh brakes and the trailer is loaded up. I head out tomorrow night. I'm super excited. :)

Back