B16's Time Trial Road Racing Del Sol Overhaul Thread!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The ride along was just some kid in the paddock. He was helpful that day so I took him for a spin. Not literally that time.. haha.

you were reeling in the gt3 it looked like!

i keep watching that spin, stomach in my throat feeling seeing it lol.

you were reeling in the gt3 it looked like!

i keep watching that spin, stomach in my throat feeling seeing it lol.

That GT3 pulls away like a mother on the sraights. I just don't have that HP.

The "holy shit" moment on that spin was watching all them cars come straight at me. Eh, all a part of this game. :)

I cant see what caused the spin, I have watched it a few times and cant tell. It looks like there is a crest in the road? You were smooth entering and it looks like the rear either got light or maybe weight shifted forward and the rear tire locked on braking?

What brake package do you run?

just really cold tires, no grip is my guess.

Front pads are Cobalt friction (forget the model), rear are just OEM type pads. Rotors and calipers are stock GSR bits. I've got some Hakw DTC's going on next when these aredone.

Great day today at the track, but couldn't even match my best time there. Ended up with a 2:07 and 4th in class for GT2. The NCRC TT point system is a little funky. The catchcan was mostly doing its job, but then my homemade POS can started leaking itself. Now I need to disassemble it and actually properly weld it. lol, should have done that the fist time. :p

Also threw on some Hawk DTC-60's since my cobalt friction pads were done. I really like these pads!

Fun! I never imagined how scary it can get on the track until I got out and mixed it up in traffic with one of my karts. Running in traffic adds a whole other dimension - it takes brass balls.

open wheel is scary! i dont really have much issue with others on the track though. all that boston driving :lol:

Actually,
I will be Dec 3-4 for 24 hours of LeMons if our 240z makes it through the August event at Thunderhill. :)

Awesome. I'm jealous. My team disbanded because we didn't have time this year.

Also, wheel to wheel isn't bad. You have to keep in mind that everyone wants to be in one place, where you are, then you're alright. It's just like DC Beltway driving, with a little less skill. The only thing that scares me is dying behind the wheel in a fire.

nice! videos or ban!

So you like the DTC-60s, I have been running the HT-10s but I think when I run th R comps I will need more. How were they in terms of initial bite and then modulation?

I didn't even get a chance to hook up my camera this weekend it was so busy. Unfortunate too because I have a good one of me chasing down a race prepped Maserati, lol.

I'm really liking the DTC-60's right now. Excellent initial bite, but not much for modulation.

Yes, I was! Were you with the group that rolled the hatch? I was hanging around with Andrie at the time that car came in on the tow truck. :(

I like this shot in motion.

HT4U3191.JPG

Yes, I was! Were you with the group that rolled the hatch? I was hanging around with Andrie at the time that car came in on the tow truck. :(

i didnt go but i saw everyone post pics of the rolled hatch on facebook. all my buddies were the asian guys that probably had "lowtec" or "outkast" stickers on their cars and the bigger guy in the vinyl wrapped white s2k that lost his lip on turn 7.
here is a pic of that hatch that rolled

268071_10150254985573482_762918481_7465256_7990695_n.jpg

Ya, poor car.. Was Meris driving it? They weren't sure when it came in.

I was surprised just a roll bar did such a good job. A-pillars didn't collapse. I guess it never really hit there though. Looked like it was end over end roll over?

Happened in turn 7 also, not sure how that happened, maybe clipped the apex too much 2 off and upset the car sending it off sideways? You can go flat out through 7 in any car and be just fine.

Last edited:
Ouch - it sux bringing broken toys back to the shop.....the worst is when you have to haul them 100's of miles to get back to the shop.

Ouch - it sux bringing broken toys back to the shop.....the worst is when you have to haul them 100's of miles to get back to the shop.

That's why I haul mine to and from the track on a trailer every time. Has a winch too for when it goes "really" bad. Which someday I'm sure it will..

omg thats sad, i guess if you cant afford to lose it then you shouldnt be out there in it.

what trailer do you run? i have to get an uber light trailer since my pilot cant tow for shite and featherlite is about the only thing i have seen light weight enough

Back