B18 And B20 Heads

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nopspawn

I'm going to be getting a b20 and adding on a turbo, and I was wondering I know the ls head is better, but is there really a difference? I know that the cams are different, so could I just save money and buy ls cams or should i just swap for the ls head?

I would definately change the head, not only does the B20 head flow for shyt, have pretty much 0 powerband, it's not vtec too. You can't switch the cams though cause 1.8L cams won't fit a 2.0L.

They are the same head. LS = B20 head. For that matter the block is the same too, just a different bore and sleeve. Just get some LS turbo cams and a good Intake manifold and your set.

Originally posted by TRuggiero_@Feb 26 2003, 02:53 PM
I would definately change the head, not only does the B20 head flow for shyt, have pretty much 0 powerband, it's not vtec too. You can't switch the cams though cause 1.8L cams won't fit a 2.0L.

:bash:

why dont you go into detail about how much more the ls head flows than the b20 head? The intake manifold is different, and you would need a different one anyways cause the crv one wont clear a civic hoodline.

Hmm, I guess you'd be right. But I never said anything about using an LS head. If it were my B20, I wouldn't waste my time using an LS head, I'd get a vtec one. Because as you said, they are the same heads.

Im going for a B20 turbo as well. At this point, i want to worry about tuning the turbo end first. I dont want to have to fuck with VTEC and turbo. Isnt the B20 head the same as an LS with diffrent cams? I was thinking about just port\polish the head, throw some cams at it and get a GS-R intake port\polish.

ok..what's the deal with the v-tec heads? i thought v-tec's main function was for lessened gas consumption...i know it also adds a lil' bit of power when it kicks in..but is it worth it to pay more for v-tec?

you have no conecpt of VTEC at all.
and notice, there's no dash. v-tec doesn't exist. neither does VTECH or V-tech.

and on top of all things- STAR TYOUR OWN GOD DAMN THREAD WHEN IT DOESN'T RELATE TO THE TOPIC AT HAND.

now, for b20/ls heads- the difference are:

cams on the b20 are a little less duration.
intake manifold is that gay giraffe style that wont clear a civic hood on a b20b. the b20z IM will. however, the b18b IM out flows both of those.

A gsr IM intake won't fit an ls or b20. the bolt pattern is different. plus, the ls ecu doesn't have IAB controls. so basically, no.

Back