B18A1 into Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Fihn

I bought a pos crx from a guy for 800 and it has a OBD-0 b18a1 in it. im in the process of taking the engine out and i need to know what i would need to do in order to swap it into a shell that is OBD-1 or even possibly OBD-2. thanks it would be much apreciated.

You'll need mounts, shift linkage, possibly a hydro>cable conversion, an OBD0-OBD1/2 conversion harness, and possibly a few other small things that you will encounter along the way.

I used to have a 91 CRX SI with a B18A1 in it...That combination is a real nice car if you can keep traction. Converting it over to OBD1 and keeping it in the REX woudn't be bad.

Food for thought, I drove that for a month and mine was a turd wrapped in tin foil but fast as hell because of the lightweight body...I now drive an EG civic with the same engine and a GSR trans...and I feel like it's not nearly as fast as it was in the CRX.

Up to you but building the CRX would be half the work and a jumper harness and a couple sensors could fix your problem. Swapping it to the EG would be a better fit, and give you a more passenger friendly car but it'll take some scraped knuckles and some wires.

That's my contribution for you, just being that I've driven both cars with the same engine.

you need obd1 electronics/dizzy/ecu/map etc, but if you have a swapped b18a1 crx and the running gears good, run with it, they are a blast, it was my first swap, owned 7 crx's, 1 ef si hatch, and 2 ew si crx's and trust me a ls ef is a blast and cheap, and personally ive allways been happy with obd0 (easy to check codes, and simple electronics and wiring

Back