b18a1 swap problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pugarex

can anyone help me out trouble shooting my problem? im in the process of finishing up my ls swap in to my 90 crx dx wich was auto. i swaped the d15 for a ls integra obd 1 motor and ys1 5spd tranny im about to finish it but it will not start i checked power to the plugs (got power) i checked fuel got fue in my fuel rail but the problems seem to be the injectors. do i need a resistor box for the injectors (93 ls injectors)? i also have the boomslang obd 0 to obd 1 conversion harness. in the istructions of the boomslang harness it says i dont need it. the car sounds like is going to start but just fires once and nothing. i dont have my exhaust hooked up so its very loud it kinda sounds like is back firing could it be the timing? i got the engine from a theft recovery teg.

I have the same problem with my car except i have a d16z6 motor in it. You shouldnt need the injector box unless your using OBD0 injectors. Did the Teg have and risitor box on them or was a block plug used.

Do you get power to all 4 injectors when you pu the engine into hte on position.
Check it at the harness whre it plugs into the injectors. See if anyone else running an OBD1 honda motor gets this. Im gettign constant power to all 4 injectos which would tell me that they're putting fuel into the motor constantly possibly flooding the engine. I dont know though.. somebody check me on this one.

Also since its a DX did you convert from DPFI to PGMFI

Originally posted by Z6CRX@Aug 24 2005, 02:04 PM
I have the same problem with my car except i have a d16z6 motor in it. You shouldnt need the injector box unless your using OBD0 injectors. Did the Teg have and risitor box on them or was a block plug used.

Do you get power to all 4 injectors when you pu the engine into hte on position.
Check it at the harness whre it plugs into the injectors. See if anyone else running an OBD1 honda motor gets this. Im gettign constant power to all 4 injectos which would tell me that they're putting fuel into the motor constantly possibly flooding the engine. I dont know though.. somebody check me on this one.

Also since its a DX did you convert from DPFI to PGMFI
[post=544655]Quoted post[/post]​

THREADJACKED!!! geez man.

You should not need the injector box with 93 teg injectors. Have you checked for fuel pressure? Definently check the timing.

What ECU are you running? Any codes?

And the harness.. is it an ECU jumper harness or the engine harness?

what plug are you talking about? (confused) i used the boomslang conversion harness, it came with specific instructions on how to convert dpfi to mpfi. i have power to my injectors but it wont start. could it be my injectors? or is this harness causing this because the injector wires go direct to the ecu? :(

i got some fuel pressure and yes its a ecu jumper it just has acouple of extra wires i had to connect to the injectors since my dx was dpfi. no codes im i believe im using the stock ls from a 93 teg wich will make it obd1.

one of my buddies said it could be my distributor (loose ground or some thing like that). any more ideas? i dont get to work in my car since i have to work and i have no garage. the car is currently in mammas house in the back yard she wants me to get it out soon cause of oil stains im 22yrs old iraq vet. army 5 yrs strong wallet (car sales man for ford) i luv hondas lol. anything let me Know thanks

Back