b18b in crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erebunicrx

my name is Dale
i know that the b18a will hookup to the stock crxsi wireing harness, but if i get a b18b that has 10 hp stock more can i get something from hasport the just conects to the b18b so it will go in without wireing changes?

I dont understand what you are asking. I seriously doubt that HaSport carries such an item. If you want, just use a OBD-0 Harness from a 90-91 Integra. I have one. If you are interested.

Just use the Si harness. Run the engine as obd-0. Its the easiest.

and to run this motor obd-o you have to do what? im fixing to do this same swap
90 honda crx si useing a 98 b18b1
what would i need? to put the motor in this car i cant find to much on this swap
chris

i understand its the easiest but hasport makes every other harness and for only $40-200. and for 10 hp its worth it.

the b18b has 140-145 depending on year. dude a 92-93 b18a has 140 wirign is not goin ot make that big of a difference,

B18A1 90-91 = 130hp
B18A1 92-93 = 140hp
B18B1 94+ = 145hp

The reason why the 92-93 b18A's have more power is becuase of a different exhaust manifold and difference cams a few other things as well. Im sure hte same thing is done to the b18b1... i still dont think wiring will make the engine run differently.

ok thanks spoda. so has anybody done a b18b swap in their crxsi? if so what mods to the wirering were needed?

anybody? also can i interchange heads? like a 98 ls head to a 90 ls block? i know it can be done but do you have to do any modifying. sombody healp me out that knows. thanks.

okay there pal...b18b makes more Hp than a b18a because it is OBD-1, if you are going to use it it in a OBD-0 car you will need hasports conversion kit and a OBD-1 ecu.....there problem solved :lol:

Just got mine, its a 91 si with a LS block, and GSR head. As of right now I cant get vtec to pop. We put a JDM B16 tranny in it and same for the ECU. Still throwing a few codes and also working on wiring issues. I will be putting it in the shop by the end of the week and I will post telling the cures!! It is using the stock SI wiring harness.

Thats your problem. Thats a OBD1 Head on an OBD0 block. You need an OBD1 ecu and wiring.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Apr 11 2004, 04:49 PM
Thats your problem. Thats a OBD1 Head on an OBD0 block. You need an OBD1 ecu and wiring.

no you don't, you don't need to convert obds because you change the head, the obd system needs to be changed in connection with the distributor, o2 sensor, and fuel injectors, if you have the dizzy, injectors, ecu etc. and such for the pre-obd (obd0) setup just use those when you change heads, and for other debated converting to obd 1 does make a performance difference, but most of all your car will run smoother and will allow you to run hondata or other managment systems setup for obd1 cars

Back