B18B1 Turbo Project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AcUrA_TuNeR

I'm working on a 300HP B18B1 Turbo and I need help getting started... What should I check first??? What parts will need to be changed??? In what order??? That's my first project so... I need to do my lessons :roll: Thx for your support :D

technically, nothing NEEDS to be changed.

there's plenty of folks running bione stock motors making 300 whp.

but, they are TUNED and FUELD precisely.
and that, my friend, is the key to any turbo setup

That's the reason why I'm here to learn how to do it properly... I need some technical facts to help me tuning everything precisely... I know that tuning is the key for a Turbo set up... What I want is to UNDERSTAND what I'm doing on the engine... If I put that, it will do that and I'll need this to do that... You know what I mean!?!?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 25 2004, 02:16 PM
technically, nothing NEEDS to be changed.

wasn't he talking more along the lines of changing the intake with I/C piping and his stock exhaust manifold with a turbo manifold, or did I fail to comprehend his question?

yeah homie I catch your drift, but if i were to sit here and write a list for every part you can put on the car, what mods would be necessary and what it would do, anyone of us could easily spend all night typing- try to ask more pointed questions, ie "what boost level (psi and cfm) will i need to run this amount of horsepower"- or "what is the best way to precisely control fueling?"

boost is pressure and does nothing really (psi)
air volume (cfm) makes power
more dense air (v/a) makes even more

10 psi on a small turbo cfm flow rate = small gain
10 psi on a huge turbo cfm flow rate = huge gain

v/a = me needing more sleep. lol

Density relates the mass of a substance to its volume through the formula: D = M/V

(D)ensity = (M)ass / (V)olume

in non- technical terms, the "more" air you compress (via a turbo) into one place, the more air actually gets in per given space.
lager turbo's compress MORE air into the SAME space as smaller turbos, thus, increasing the actual amount of air avaible to combust.... and combustion when mixed with fuel and spark = power.

the problem is that you are trying to figure out a good psi to hit 300 hp.

psi should be the result...
or, it takes X psi on Y turbo to hit Z power

we have 1 variable filled in- Z

X * Y = 300

well, its nto really multiplication, but thats the best way to write it.

here's an example:
if you run Y as a to3/to4e, it will take, X psi.
if you go smaller, it will take X+5 psi
if you go bigger, it will take X- 5 psi

does that make sense?

Back