B18c1 Boosting ?'s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88crxdx

i have a 88 crx dx and want to boost b18c1 just want some thoughts of what set up i should use and what products let me know.. :sleep:

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Feb 5 2003, 11:41 AM
ok make up your mind, do you have a type r or gsr, then we can help you.

i have a b18c5 but i want to boost it and ive been told that the b18c1 is better if you plan to boost it. and believe me i can already sell my type r motor for a lot. i paid $5500.00 4 it ive only had it like 3 weeks and i couldve put more work into the b18c1 for that price. great motor but not worth it in price.

Go B18A, (non-vtec) it will cost you A SHIT LOAD LESS and it will boost better than vtec. you can get b18a for like 800, boost it for another 3g's. Build it for boost tho. i.e. low compression pistons, block guard, injectors etc. etc. etc.

Originally posted by RFHOMI2U@Feb 9 2003, 07:52 PM
Go B18A, (non-vtec) it will cost you A SHIT LOAD LESS and it will boost better than vtec. you can get b18a for like 800, boost it for another 3g's. Build it for boost tho. i.e. low compression pistons, block guard, injectors etc. etc. etc.

No way,if you actually do have a B18C5,sell it and get a B18C1 spend the left over on boosting it and tuning.

EDIT:never mind,just read what car your working in.Get a B16A siR.Or if your feeling more thrifty get a B18A1,but don't expect to be blown away by it.

Back