b18c1 del sol motor mount help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88lsteggy

what do i need to do to get the rear motor mount to clear the bracket/firewall so i can get it out?its a 1994 del sol b18c1 swap

best way i have found to get the back mount out.... take bolts out of back mount, take off the transmission side mount and put a jack under the trans., lift the motor up a couple inches. you can then turn that back mount sideways and work it out between the bracket and the firewall. its kind of a bitch but its easier than the next best option which is removing the whole back bracket.

will i have to fully remove the back bracket or can i take the bottom 2 bolts out and loosen the top then push it up out of the way?I tried to jack the passenger side up like you said but still couldnt get the mount out so on to the bracket i guess,thanks for the help

remove bold remove tranny mount if no ac tilt forward (on jack) or drop tranny side like someone said. good pry bar is nice too

yes what he said ^

you dont have to do anything with the back T bracket. if you take the transmission mount off (and the lower torque mount if it has one), jack the motor up from the back of the transmission, and pull or pry the motor slightly more forward, you should be able to get the mount out. i just replaced all my mounts recently. it was a bitch but didnt really take that long, about an hour and a half.

Back