B18C1 swap on a 95 civic hatchback

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Coldfire

Hey all. I have been thinking about doing a b18c1 engine swap to my 95 civic cx. I have done some research on it but i still have some questions. Does the b18c1 fit on the same motor mounts as the D15B7(Drop in and go kind of deal)? What are some things I need to be aware of when I'm doing this?
I have looked at the B18C1 complete swap kit on Hmotorsonline.com... Is that all the parts that I need? Also, Does anyone know if they ship to Canada?

Thanks.

no you cant use the same mounts and if you do order from them you will get the mounts you need... pretty sure... someone else will chim in im sure

and if you give them a call they would probally work that out for you

I looked on the Engine swap 101 thread and it said for 5th gen hondas its completely bolt on swap and the vtech needs to be wired. Is this true? i would like to hear what some other people think. Do the motor mounts need to be welded? Are the axles going to work with the B18c1 motor? Am i going to need a OBD conversion kit or is both the D15B7 and B18C1 engines OBD-1?

Hey all. I have been thinking about doing a b18c1 engine swap to my 95 civic cx. I have done some research on it but i still have some questions. Does the b18c1 fit on the same motor mounts as the D15B7(Drop in and go kind of deal)? What are some things I need to be aware of when I'm doing this?
I have looked at the B18C1 complete swap kit on Hmotorsonline.com... Is that all the parts that I need? Also, Does anyone know if they ship to Canada?

Thanks.
you will need to get the mounts from a dc2 integra, and you will need to either cut your dash harness to wire up vtec or change the dash harness completely with one out of a 92-95 civic ex, vx or si. and you will need the engine harness from either th gsr or ex, vx or si civic

Back