B18c5 Into A 2000 Civic Dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dodie

ive owned the civic for a little under a year, and fortunately it is my first honda (YEAH), im pretty new to all the conversions and such, and i was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to A) fit a b18c5 into the 2000 civic? B)if the b18c5 is possible to be turbo or twinturboed? C) if cannot fit or cannot turbo, can a b18c1 fit or be turboed? Any information would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks

Originally posted by dodie@Jan 16 2003, 06:32 PM
ive owned the civic for a little under a year, and fortunately it is my first honda (YEAH), im pretty new to all the conversions and such, and i was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to A) fit a b18c5 into the 2000 civic? B)if the b18c5 is possible to be turbo or twinturboed? C) if cannot fit or cannot turbo, can a b18c1 fit or be turboed? Any information would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks

a) yes

B ) turbo yes...twin turbo- possible but gay

c) b18c1 can be turboed

yes it will fit you will need to do some wiring though

boosting an ITR isnt the best idea ... it has a high CR that makes it far harder to tune and and the cams have too much overlap for FI... twin turbo?... there really is no point

B18C1 is far more boost friendly than the ITR

Save your money and turbo a b18b (integra ls). I dont know if it is just cali but there are legal issues in putting an older engine in a newer car so depending on where you are, you might have to find a 2000 engine...$$$ (especailly if you still get a b18c5).

Back