Best Engine For Crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what is the best swap going into a 90 crx.lets say money flow is not a problem?it will be mostly a race veheicle but driven on da streets on weekeds.what would be the best na , the best turbo.

NA? ITR swap, also need a mount kit and cable/hydro conversion.

Turbo? B18a swap and then build a turbo kit. t3/t4 is a fad, a turbo that gives constant power throughout the power band is the t3/60-1, the one I, and acouple more will be using.

if money is truely not an issue... itr turbo owns everything for street/track. get an itr, send out the head to get ported & polished, send the block out to get sleeved & bored to 84mm (making it a 2L). buy some crower titanum rods, custom 8:1 pistons, crower titanum valves, crower turbo vtec cams, crower valvetrain, adj. cam gears, t4 60-1 turbo, equal length manifold, thermal R&D 3" turbo cat back, high flow cat, AEM Engine Management System, 880cc injectors, high flow fuel pump, racing hart cp-035 wheels and tein coilovers. then pick a intercooler, blow off valve, wastegate, piping, gauges and tires and you're pretty much set. i'm sure i left out a few things, but with that setup properly tuned i don't know what rex could possible beat it without being strictly track. whichever way you choose to go.... good luck.

Now i dunno about you bill gates, but money is an option for me...but since it isn't for you...first off, go GS-R, for your block go crower rods, je pistons, acid dip, crank balance, milled, guarded. for your head,port and polish (heh heh) the skunk2 intake manifold. 2.2 prelude throtle body, skunk 2 turbo cams crower valves and springs with titanium retainers. Go with Aem cam gears and pullies, the Aem fuel rail and fuel pressure regultor. Ac cam seal. Crane ignition. For some force-fed action go w/ the t3/t4 turbo, cuz everyone loves Garret, who cares if everyone else has it, its the best, and with this setup you should be able to run with 25 psi. If you wanna go drag (by drag i mean drag race, not dressing up like a woman...sick bastards..), you should go w/ the white bottle! Nitrous express 100 shot. Of course you're gonna need a better clutch, so umm Clutchmasters Stage 4, its hard to handle, so you could go Stage 3 if u wanted. Get a new fly, and lsd, preferably Quaife (heh heh) and to cool your turbo go w/ the greddy front mount 4. Tein coilovers are neato, don't go el cheapo w/ the $130 pairs, they'll break, and for civics, i think the tein setup is somewhere near 1000 maybe a little over. Go w/ spoon sw388's, cuz they are the holy shrine in honda wheels, or some nice racing harts, whatever floats ur boat. Everything else is up to you. Good luck, and may the force be with you.

D00d. t3/t4 is just a size. Not only Garret makes them, anyone can. t3/t4 is not the best. He can't boost 25psi on stock sleeves either. Why not go ITR block if you are rebuilding it? Skunk2 turbo cams aren't out yet (to my knowledge) and why a 2.2 tb when you can get a bigger tb from any aftermarket company? A 100 shot of n2o is just going to blow your shit up. n2o is only used on turbo cars to spool it faster, you need to get your head out of The ghey and curious and come learn the truth about shit. A spearco intercooler IMO is one of the best out there. AEM cam gears suck, they strip and move and underdrive pulleys are only good if you dont have anything else like a stereo or other electronics. They slow down your accessories, meaning your alt wont put out as much amp's. Just get an unorthodox racing crank pulley if you do get one.

well at least hes trying. i just want to see what creative ideas anyone can come up with.if its good enought i may work toward making it a reality.

if money was not an option then youd be lying

but if you want my opinion i would be evil

i would go and buy me a 91 AWD civic wagon :worthy:

i would then go with the zc turbo :sleep: becuase i mean i would be quite embarassed to be beat at a stoplight by a grocery getting wagon

for the crx though i kinda like the crvtec idea becuase i mean come on a honda with toque is something to marvel at

theres my 2 cents

ok bye

Originally posted by jamiedude@Jan 27 2003, 08:18 PM
becuase i mean i would be quite embarassed to be beat at a stoplight by a grocery getting wagon

how embarrased would you be to be driving a grocery getting station wagon?

i dont see what the big fascination is with driving a retarded looking car that is fast. Yeah it might be fast, but it looks fucking stupid. I would much rather be driving a car that is a little slower than another one that is fast but looks gay.

Like that mini van that beats that camaro in that video, big deal. I would take the camaro over that van, any day of the week

CRX are the shit, I would pimp one (which I will soon be doing now) but you gotta have SOME style on the car...Honda is NOT evolving, I would rather drive a CRX then the new Si ANYDAY.

Originally posted by crxsoldado@Jan 23 2003, 08:19 PM
what is the best swap going into a 90 crx.lets say money flow is not a problem?it will be mostly a race veheicle but driven on da streets on weekeds.what would be the best na , the best turbo.

ok personally i hate these motors and the car BUT for a NA car, i would say get an ITR engine. my friend has an itr motor in his hatch and i love it. i wouldn't mind putting one in my car and leaving it stock. now with a turbo, i would say ls motor. just beause if you get anything with vtec and turbo, in order to run a good amount of boost you have to lower compression. thats my opnion

about why he would buy a rex if money didn't matter? because its the coolest car honda made, well besides the city.

Originally posted by Trinity@Jan 28 2003, 04:22 PM

about why he would buy a rex if money didn't matter? because its the coolest car honda made, well besides the city.

ooo.jpg

umm yeah...im gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you on that one. Del sol owns!!!!

well i didnt pick the crx the crx picked me i needed a cheap 4 cyl car and i found a 90 hf in decent condition. I was into imports but neva really thought about gettin a crx but now that i own one, i will neva change unless i completely and no possiblity of fixing it. well i mean i did this forum just to see what people can come up with? thanx for everyones replys

Hi all!

Well let me ask this, if money WAS a issue and I only had $2K to shell out for the entire swap on a 90 or 91 crx (hf,si,?), what would you recommend I get?

Btw, this would be for a daily driver, (10k miles a year) I also like the idea of putting in a turbo in the long run.

Thanks, J

Originally posted by JReconco@Jan 29 2003, 10:07 AM
Hi all!

Well let me ask this, if money WAS a issue and I only had $2K to shell out for the entire swap on a 90 or 91 crx (hf,si,?), what would you recommend I get?

Btw, this would be for a daily driver, (10k miles a year) I also like the idea of putting in a turbo in the long run.

Thanks, J

Start your own thread to get response's.

Originally posted by Trinity@Jan 28 2003, 03:22 PM
because its the coolest car honda made, well besides the city.

The City was a pretty cool car. I have to agree with Trin on this one. :D

Back