Brad's Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

100_2264.jpg

100_2268.jpg

100_2267.jpg

100_2265.jpg

100_2266.jpg

Looking great man!! I wanna get another 89-91 hatch sooo bad.

Well its still looking great man. Plus i just picked up a 91 DX Hatch. Maybe youll be able to help me with a couple things.^_^

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Well its still looking great man. Plus i just picked up a 91 DX Hatch. Maybe youll be able to help me with a couple things.^_^

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:
Nice! Got any plans for it yet?

I would be doing much more but since it -8 and snowing every two days its hard to work.:(

Im not sure yet. sometimes i just wanna restore it to MINT condition and keep it all stock and sometimes i wanna put a fuckin fearri engine in it. lol

decisions are so hard with new toys.... :(

Here is how two of the plugs looked like after we pulled em tho..

PICT0024.jpg

Well here we are 1000 miles later and doing completly fine.

The used headgasket sealed, lol.

Whenever I have time I'll take the motor out of my dads car and figure out what to do.

Before the head swap my dads car burned oil. Now it doesn't, it must have been the valve seals.

I've been monitoring the oil and coolant and nothing is being lost. The compression is balanced and fairly high so whats the point of tearing apart the block.

I was going to tear apart the block and do rings and bearings but I think all I'll do now is main seals and an oil pan gasket. Get some degreaser and a tooth brush and make it look like new.

Then I think I'll get a Z6 headgasket, clean up the head aswell, and then a stage 2 cam.:)

Get a header and exhaust, get it tuned and call it a day.

All of this will be spread out over the next year because of my part-time job.

Last edited:
keep it up dude. Finally got mine 100% back together and it runs Faukin BEAUTIFUL!

your intake allready looks legit and exhaust allways helps, especially on older models.

EDIT: but it really has to do with what ever you want. some manifolds are just designed with the slightest differences.

Last edited:
Edit: Anything new goin on with your hatch 90civicboy?

Last edited:
Sad I missed this build thread before. <3 E-AT wonder hatches and EF's.

I heard that his exaust fell off and needs a new one and then he will sell his old one to me, isn't that right brad.
Yeah thats right. It broke right off at the cat.

I also got my short shifter in and am likeing it.

My next paycheck I think I'm getting a DC header and exhaust aswell, I'll stay updated.

That sux but hey... out with the old in with the new! :D
I was going to replace it anyway. The previous guy welded a N1 style muffler on and his job looks like it restricts a lot of flow.

So no huge loss.

nope only gains. just the way we like it lol

Update: it it normal for a d15 to take about a quarter mile to hit 60mph? lol

Last edited:
Back