Brad's CRX Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I did my valve cover gasket last night and when the vc was off I pushed on all the VTEC rockers and 100% sticking LMAs. Probably upgrade to the spring type ones but Majestic wants $201 for 8 x 14820-PCB-305

I also blocked off the FITV port in the TB with duct tape and idle problem went away. So I think I'm going to block it off from the intake completely.

Last edited:
dsc0476h.jpg

Worth every penny in my opinion.

My valvetrain was very quiet even with pro 1 cams.

FITV always cause issues

Last edited:
Haha shit, alright I will start saving.

I don't get why the FITV is even there. The IACV does the job fine. Imma probably make a block off plate.

just bypass the fitv.run the coolant line straight from the manifold to the iacv.thats what ive done on all my cars and it works fine.

lol its pretty simple actually.and you can leave the fitv on the tb.and even leave the fittings uncapped.it will run just as good if not better than before.and should cut down on intake temps by a little bit atleast.

really?!?! i had no idea you could block that off!!! ive been messing with my cousins civic hatch with the same idle problem.... if only i woulda known... im taking that shit off tomorrow!!!!!:mad: stupid surging idle!!! its infuriating man!!!

I needs tires nows. Looking at Discount tire I'm thinking of Nitto Gen's for$83 each. They should be better than my Kumhos unless someone can suggest a pretty awesome tire for a good price. Also ordering 1 more wheel to replace the one with improper drilled holes.

I blocked off the FITV with gasket material...happy. I've got a cold start problem. Takes longer than a Honda should and it was especially bad today. I've changed everything in the dizzy, now looking to fuel, my mechanic recommends a tune or bad temp sensor(s). Once ran for a few seconds it will start normally.

NeoGens are ok. Not great but definetly a step up from your Kuhmos. If you can surge they should carry 555s in your size. Not as much longevity but grippy as fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

555's??? Whats that.

I'm running 205/50/15. I cant afford anything else so I think imma go ahead and order the NeoGens up.

Edit: Ordered. 3-5 business days, gotta get started on swapping the stock suspension/brakes so it can be aligned right away. I have bad camber, caster and toe issues...not for long!

Last edited:
Weird, they dont show having under 17's but I know I put them on racks all the time while I was there. You'll be ok with the Neogens. IIRC they're a little noisy, but nothing as bad as the 450s were.

I'm alright with that, new exhaust is loud as fuck. I should make updated pics/vids....wait....after wheels/tires.

As soon as the shipment comes I'm taking all 4 to get media or bead blasted then either raw alum or paint from there. Wheels are yellow now for the he'll of it. I got overspray everywhere but looks different, huge color contrast. Been getting a noticeable ammount of looks now too.

Last edited:
why wait til the shipment comes in.
go get them blasted while waiting that way theyre ready when the tires arrive.

Back