Brad's CRX Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You guys will be surprised. 309,000 KMS or about 193,000 miles. I'm the second owner. All original, just a few door dings but is still really straight, one rust bubble on drivers rear quarter (still savable) and the paint is fading in a couple areas. Interior is mint! Not one thing outta place. Original B18C1 and Y80 trans. Runs super smooth, shifts so great. Motor pulls hard but puffs a little black (definately no blue) when up in the revvs (just carbon from being babied I think). Best of all the history shows no accidents - and I can tell, its soo straight. Brakes stop amazing too (don't GSRs have better brakes?) I can really tell its one of those cars thats never been beat on. The guy was moving out of town this week and thought it needed a lot of work. So far it needs a muffler.

Plans you ask?

Poor mans Type R build with this motor and my B16. Suspension rebuild with quality parts where they count. But for now this has to be a reliable DD so I'm keeping it stock and keeping on maintenance - starting with a timing belt job.

A new thread will be created when I take pics tomorrow. How about "Brads DC2 GSR Project"?

Last edited:
i approve of this... but i bet you hate seeing the rex go...

Yeah man I'm quite devistated. To sell it I'm going to take all of my parts and convert it to stock with an SiR badge lol. With the damage and rust I'm going to get some shit offers. I lost a lot of value on it. :( And I know one day imma miss it dearly.

Do the water pump when you do the belt. ;)

Thermostat, cooling system flush, oil change, tuneup, etc.......tranny service.

Most definite! Brake flush aswell.

Good news! My dad decided to buy my CRX for a grand. Since he paid for the Integra I only owe him $800. Then I've already got the hatch sold to a buddy so the cost is covered! :) I'm very glad the CRX won't disappear, it will end up in my hands 20 years from now then we'll go through a complete rebuild and I shal be featured in a magazine with an epic story to follow. :rolleyes:

https://hondaswap.com/auto-multi-media/brads-dc2-gsr-project-520138/#post1722934

10-4 on the Braking System flush - a very good thing to do. I did all kinds of maintenance on the hatch - worked on it for the past 4 or 5 years off and on - pretty much went through the mechanical aspects top to bottom.Now, it's running well, and is reliable. The payoff for all the work - nothing to fix - nice to just drive it. It was a lot of work but well worth the effort.

Last edited:
Yeah my dads the owner. He's put the stock wheels and exhaust on and we left the B16 in there for now. I've been driving it cause the Integra is gone and I hurt the motor in the hatch. Lol. Oh and the hatch was sold to a buddy.

I'm really in tune of driving the CRX with the "yellow wheels" on it but the little problems still piss me off so much. I really needs a full tear down and build imo.

Yeah my dads the owner. He's put the stock wheels and exhaust on and we left the B16 in there for now. I've been driving it cause the Integra is gone and I hurt the motor in the coupe. Lol. Oh and the hatch was sold to a buddy.

I'm really in tune of driving the CRX with the "yellow wheels" on it but the little problems still piss me off so much. I really needs a full tear down and build imo.

Last edited:
Back