brake swap on a DA

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tegrar

I own a 93 Integra and was wondering if the Master cylinder from an ITR will bolt up to my car? Can I use it with my booster or would have to get the booster from the ITR as well, or will it just not work in any way?
And for front callipers I was wondering what was a good way to go? I'm NOT looking to do a big brake kit becuase I'm not going any bigger then 15" rims, so just something that will give me a better bite. I've been looking for Spoon Calipers but can't find them for my car. I've also heard of people using NSX calipers. Just wanted to see what I could bolt up with minumal fabricating.
You guys have been very helpfull so far with my other questions, hope I can find some good help on this on. Thanks in advance.

check this out

g2ic.com

theres a guy on there who put accord wagon calipers, prelude vtec rotors (redrilled for 4x100) blah blah

made him have 11.3" brakes up front.

ok i would suggest goin to g2ic.com also. but i can tell u the jist of it. go to fast breaks and order there 11 inch rotors then go to a junk yard and get some calipers from a 94-95 legend. they are 4 piston calipers i believe. and get some hawk pads and that will be a very graby break system.

Originally posted by jdm2gen03@Jul 25 2005, 10:34 PM
ok i would suggest goin to g2ic.com also. but i can tell u the jist of it. go to fast breaks and order there 11 inch rotors then go to a junk yard and get some calipers from a 94-95 legend. they are 4 piston calipers i believe. and get some hawk pads and that will be a very graby break system.
[post=531101]Quoted post[/post]​

yea, they arent 4 pistons calipers. they are 2 piston at best. you will need more then just the parts listed above, nothing is ever this simple.

Originally posted by brian11to1+Jul 25 2005, 10:57 PM-->
jdm2gen03
@Jul 25 2005, 10:34 PM
[post=531101]Quoted post[/post]​

yea, they arent 4 pistons calipers. they are 2 piston at best. you will need more then just the parts listed above, nothing is ever this simple.
[post=531173]Quoted post[/post]​

Cheapest and VERY effective. Leave all the stock stuff in there. Buy Hawk HPS pads all around, and some brembo blanks. I have never heard of any people complain about the performance of this setup, noisier yes, but much better performance over stock, and it is cheap, and requires no fabbing. brake kits are for posers and people that drive civic/crx dx's. Integras came with a good 4 wheel disc set from the factory, just use it to the fullest. That is the way I'm going.

thanks guys for all the help. But no one answered me if about the ITR Master Cylinder. Does anyone know if it will fit on my teg?
The brembo blanks is exactly what i was looking to get, but my caliper's are old and i figured i'd replace them, so i just wanted to see what else was out there instead of just buying some when i could have had better ones.

So if anyone can inform me about the ITR master that would be awsome. Other wise thanks again for all the input.

Oh yeah, one more thing, anyone know where to get a good set of stainless steel lines for my car???

Originally posted by tegrar@Jul 26 2005, 06:24 AM
thanks guys for all the help. But no one answered me if about the ITR Master Cylinder. Does anyone know if it will fit on my teg?
The brembo blanks is exactly what i was looking to get, but my caliper's are old and i figured i'd replace them, so i just wanted to see what else was out there instead of just buying some when i could have had better ones.

So if anyone can inform me about the ITR master that would be awsome. Other wise thanks again for all the input.

Oh yeah, one more thing, anyone know where to get a good set of stainless steel lines for my car???
[post=531247]Quoted post[/post]​

I am not sure about the ITR MC, why would you waste your money on it? It won't make much difference, if any. If you already have one, just try test fitting it, and then you will know for sure. If you want a new performance Master cylinder, get wilwood.
As for brake lines, goodridges are good, there are a lot of places that sell them.

kteller
modacar
nopi
camp 1320 motorsports
tuner's choice

there are a few

that is exactly why i want the itr master, because it's 1" and provides better brake fluid movement. i don't have one yet but can get one for fairly cheap. just don't wanna buy it if it's not going to work. i'll probably just try it out anyway. I'll let you guys know what I found out.

thanks for the links too mikebergy for the links. i really appreciate all the help.

and if anyone knows the answer to the next question, i would be the happiest person on the planet:
I no longer have p/s via a CTR N-1 crank pulley. Right now I have the system looped through the reservoir. Does anyone know of a manual rack that is a direct replacement for my 93 Integra? Or one that is pretty damb close?

Thanks again everyone.

Originally posted by tegrar@Jul 27 2005, 06:14 AM
that is exactly why i want the itr master, because it's 1" and provides better brake fluid movement. i don't have one yet but can get one for fairly cheap. just don't wanna buy it if it's not going to work. i'll probably just try it out anyway. I'll let you guys know what I found out.

thanks for the links too mikebergy for the links. i really appreciate all the help.

and if anyone knows the answer to the next question, i would be the happiest person on the planet:
I no longer have p/s via a CTR N-1 crank pulley. Right now I have the system looped through the reservoir. Does anyone know of a manual rack that is a direct replacement for my 93 Integra? Or one that is pretty damb close?

Thanks again everyone.
[post=531827]Quoted post[/post]​

Just keep what you have, it offers the best steering, but if you are just looking to drag race your car and want to loose maybe 10lb. tops, go for a 90-91 civic dx non-p/s rack, I believe they fit perfectly, but someone better back me up on this, as I am not 100% sure. But pretty sure. I'd keep what you have though, the bump to bump on an integra rack with p/s is shorter than on the non p/s racks from the civic, so it will offer you quicker steering.
Mike

Back