Brake Swap!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

liquid00meth

Hey,

I have a 95 civic DX. I'm looking to swap out either my rear drums for discs, or all 4 for bigger discs. Does anyone know donor cars that make for an easy conversion? i.e. something like slapping 4 GSR disc brake assemblies on. (I'm actually not even sure if GSRs have 4 wheel discs, just an example). It's even better if someone has done a brake swap besides like a brembo kit. I'm looking for OEM. Any info at all is appreciated!.

-Kevin

:ph34r:

yes the gsr had 4 wheel disc brakes. yes you can do the swap, its not easy but its not hard depending on your knowledge.

i didn't think there was anything difficult about it at all. i did a wilwood big brake kit up front and have eg si rear disc brakes. get a helms manual it will make things smoother, more confidence. gsr works, or si from your gen.

Thanks, if you have any more specific questions I've swapped brakes on a 4g civic and my sol, so just ask.

where did you find the donor car parts? I've been looking at the salvage yards (in the St. Louis area) and I can't find anything, is there anywhere online that offers this stuff online? I know of places like Fastbrakes.com that offer upgrades but I really dont have $700 to spend.

Originally posted by DjMcPhatty@Mar 16 2003, 10:23 AM
where did you find the donor car parts? I've been looking at the salvage yards (in the St. Louis area) and I can't find anything, is there anywhere online that offers this stuff online? I know of places like Fastbrakes.com that offer upgrades but I really dont have $700 to spend.

got mine from dan @ http://www.rcrewracing.com

Dj: Importautosalvage.com has some for $250. It comes with everything I had a freind who bought some last month from Larry. Pretty good deal.

Originally posted by enemycivic@Mar 16 2003, 01:04 PM
Dj: Importautosalvage.com has some for $250. It comes with everything I had a freind who bought some last month from Larry. Pretty good deal.

is that for all 4? or just the rear disc conversion?

Back