broken temp guage?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blasterman87

my temp guage wasnt working, so i grounded it while the key was on, and it shot to "hot" so that told me it is working right.. but now its stuck at "hot" wont move either way.. did i break it or what?

probably the pointer is stucked due to the to the ubnormal movement
try to tace the cluster sheild off and put it down slowly with your finger thts i all i can say

i believe i read somewhere that if you short out the temp gauge and peg it at hot you will damage it irreparably. you could try pulling it back to where its supposed to be, but i'm going to take a wild guess that its beyond fixing at this point.

the guage wire that connects to the sending unit, i was told thats how to test the guage, it went to "hot" and is stuck there..lol i have a diffrent cluster i can try so we will see

i believe i read somewhere that if you short out the temp gauge and peg it at hot you will damage it irreparably. you could try pulling it back to where its supposed to be, but i'm going to take a wild guess that its beyond fixing at this point.
91-23-94-1.jpg

i checked the guage, its 1 single wire.. and in my helmes manual it said to ground the wire, and if it reads "hot" then its in working order..but now its still"hot" lol

Back