Bucking B18a Civic ? ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slammedb18acivic

ill be driving my hatch and i just put a 93 b18a in it, not to mention the head gasket is blown but i got three other heads so im good. ill be crusing and it starts to buck doesnt want to clime rpms then all of a sudden its like i hit vtec the car shoots up to redline and then i shift . the same thing happens again and again through all gears . whats wrong? note: i have si mapsensor and si fuel filter and pump still installed part of my problem ? ?

its hard to tell whats wrong
can u give more info?
just answer these questions..
does it do it under heavy acceration or normal ?
what gear does it do it in?
is the check engine light on?
how does it idle?
when u said it shots to redline do u mean u floor it when it starts to buck then after it bucks it revs up hard?
(sounds like u have a bad tps sensor ,maybe a glitch at a certain position)

i pretty much got on it the entire time so when i floored it it sputters than kick in around 4grand. it does it between first and third gears. i couldnt really tell if it did it under normal acceleration either. the check engine light was on, but if you check my other posts, i have no dash lights for some reason. along w/ tach and speedomterso i cant tell if its on now.
When i got on it , it wanted to go it was sputtering, then evenutally it would hit hard and rev up like normal. When the car idles i have a weeboo. thats what we call it. it revs high than goes low. and repeats. but yes when it does rev normal it revs hard and fast. but maybe im just not used to the b18a swap yet . haha

Originally posted by slammedb18acivic@Jan 22 2003, 11:35 AM
i pretty much got on it the entire time so when i floored
When i got on it , it wanted to go it was sputtering, then evenutally it would hit hard and rev up like normal. When the car idles i have a weeboo. thats what we call it. it revs high than goes low. and repeats.

man u got al kind of problems
do u have friend that have a b18a motor?
u should find someone with one so u can swap known good parts

but first how did the car run befor swap?how did the motor run befor u got it the b18
when the car idles up and down did u adjust the idle air screw?
how about the throttle body? is it dirty?
try swapping out the map sensor / iac and tps
then go from there...
i have these parts for sale if u cant find one...
dont worry only $20 each

the motor ran great when i had the si motor in there. i havent messed w/ the screw yet on the throttle body. i will switch throttle bodies,fast idle,and idle air control to see what happens. other than that do you think any of my problem is in my distributor ?

i have one ground wire that i never conected . it goes to my clutch bracket. and comes from low passenger side of car near side radiator. is this a problem to look at also. i have no where to ground it to now because my clutch cable needed to be flipped to make clutch cable wrk . so ground wire isnt long enough to reach

Originally posted by slammedb18acivic@Jan 22 2003, 10:20 PM
i have one ground wire that i never conected . it goes to my clutch bracket. and comes from low passenger side of car near side radiator. is this a problem to look at also. i have no where to ground it to now because my clutch cable needed to be flipped to make clutch cable wrk . so ground wire isnt long enough to reach

ehh-

get a longer wire and connect it!!

even if it doesnt fix the problem hanging disconnected ground wires is ghetto

u should have trouble starting ur car without that wire unless u have other ground wires as big as that or have alot of little ones

that is the main ground wire
use amp ground wires and ground to any bolt
on tranny

i did mean to have u shot gun things
it just takes too long to test parts and to much typeing too
besides i don t know if u have much knowlege in engine performance

if ur around bay area cali..
i could help u out..

i have a small amount of knowledge about swaps. but very good experiance w/ wrking on cars. if it would be easier for you to give me a call on my cell or i could call you you might be able to walk me through a few things .. I also ask the big fellas around here for their help but its hard because everyone is doing their own things this type of the year getting ready to bring the cars back out for shows and nice weather. so let me know thanks

Back