burn1 d16z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stedscivic

got my burn1 from moates today and my buddy wants me to burn him a chip

we just want to change the vtec engage and no speed limiter

for the speed limiter all we do is check the box i know that much

what about the vtec engage just put what we want to put as the vtec engauge at?

we dont have to mess with the boost tabs or any other tabs do we?

its for a d16z6 intake and exhaust is all thats done NO BOOST just stock motor and we want to see if the burner works all we want to do is no speed limiter and vtec engage

if someone knows a better tune than that of the stock please feel free to share

first time using uberdata and want to make sure we can get it to work

anyone out there use uberdata that can help a newbie to uber out?

id go on uberdata.pgmfi.org and post but it wont let me register whats up with that?

load the stock p28 bin file.
make changes
burn chip.
insert chip into ecu.
drive around and test it out

its all point and click

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 14 2005, 08:47 AM
load the stock p28 bin file.
make changes
burn chip.
insert chip into ecu.
drive around and test it out

its all point and click
[post=511982]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: You dont have to mess with any of the other tabs if you are only changing the speed limiter and vtec points.

he wants to set his vtec as low as he can
i told him if he goes to low it cant be good on the motor
can i give him a second opinion from someone on here cause he wont listen to me

Originally posted by stedscivic@Jun 15 2005, 03:12 PM
[post=512560]Quoted post[/post]​

the lift on the cams high lobe is too big for the engine at a low RPM. just let him try it and he will realize when the car is slow as shit that its not a good idea.

let him set it low and when hes not looking change the rev limiter to something like 4500 so he think he fucked something up from setting it so low.

Originally posted by CoreyR+Jun 15 2005, 06:45 PM-->
stedscivic
@Jun 15 2005, 03:12 PM
[post=512560]Quoted post[/post]​

the lift on the cams high lobe is too big for the engine at a low RPM. just let him try it and he will realize when the car is slow as shit that its not a good idea.

let him set it low and when hes not looking change the rev limiter to something like 4500 so he think he fucked something up from setting it so low.
[post=512631]Quoted post[/post]​

that last part sounds like a good idea

lol, that is funny shite... "roger, roger, we got a ricer here!, 10-4 buddy!" your friend should be glad he has a buddy looking out for him, doing his research for him. Wish there were more people like you out there, keeping the vtec-poppin peeps at bay :)

ok i tried burning a stock p28 and just removing the speed limiter and changing the vtec engagment to 4700 and we get a cel
once i save it in chrome or uber they seem to change after i save and dont work in the car what could be the problem

from the crome faq...

Q. I get a solid CEL when I edit a stock ROM with Crome. What things should I check?
A. Did you:
-Remove the checksum routine from the ROM?
-Disable any hardware features not present on your ECU (knock, PA, injector test circuit, etc.)

also, uberdata .bin's are NOT directly compatible with crome bins. so be careful what you made it with, and what you viewing it with.

if you burn with uberdata, but want it in crome, you will have to import FROM the CHIP into the other software

Back