Bush won.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by DarkHand@Nov 3 2004, 01:26 PM

I'm not leavin' without a fight. It won't be the north vs the south in the next civil war, it'll be the east and the west vs the center.
[post=411275]Quoted post[/post]​

You're close. It'll be left vs. right.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra+Nov 3 2004, 12:31 AM-->
:werd: I didn't vote, but I'm fucking scared if bush stays in office.
[post=410996]Quoted post[/post]​

Uh....then perhaps you should have voted?

Trinity
@Nov 3 2004, 12:40 AM
and what i don't get is HOW IN THE FUCK can our military people still support him? i mean seriously if ANYONE watches 60 mins it shows how unprepared we were.
[post=410999]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, let's all get our info from 60 mins...it's not like they are extremely liberally fucking biased or anything. It's not like good ole' Dan Rather and his buddies ran an "exclusive story" on some newly-revealed documents that told us the "truth" about Bush's military service, did they?

Just for the record, and for all of you telling me to leave:

I would not be a US citizen if I didn't have to be to get my scholarship. If I deneyed my citizenship I would lose it and I can't afford that right now. However, once I'm done with college, and if this country still sucks as much as it does now, I will leave and I will be more happy. :p

Originally posted by ktanaka@Nov 3 2004, 05:51 PM

I would not be a US citizen if I didn't have to be to get my scholarship. If I deneyed my citizenship I would lose it and I can't afford that right now. However, once I'm done with college, and if this country still sucks as much as it does now, I will leave and I will be more happy. :p
[post=411517]Quoted post[/post]​

That makes you no better than every other third world cocksucker that's here for a free meal.

I'm 17.

And I have many friends in Iraq that can attest to the shortage of the stuff presented by 60 minutes.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Nov 3 2004, 05:51 PM

[post=411517]Quoted post[/post]​

brian please ban him. he'd rather be doing this :super: than holding our flag

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Nov 3 2004, 05:09 PM
Brian..i hate to say this, but you ARE a "bandwagon patriot" yourself. did you not have in your signature at ONE TIME to vote for Ralph Nader?? you also said that you didnt like either candidate. so why did you pull a John Kerry and flip-flop your decision that you made? after all...that IS what you did. please explain to us what changed your mind.
[post=411483]Quoted post[/post]​

hardly. i've voted in every election but one since i was 18. even when i was away at college in another state, i drove home sometmie before the election and got an absentee ballot fmo city hall.

My sig for nader was mostly a joke that got our of hand. would i have voted fo rnader- sure. would it have nmattered? nope. not where i live. i dont think my state has won the popular vote for a republican president in like 50 years or something like that.

my push here was not vote for kerry, it was more, vote against bush. kerry happend to be the only man who stood a chance... and even he failed at beating bush.

enjoy the patriot act.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Nov 3 2004, 04:34 PM
To respectfully disagree with TPP...

The only "shitty hands" I see GW being dealt are his having to bolster the military to invade Iraq, his obvious lack of experience running a broad based economy, and his lackluster grip on the english language.

Now, before you say I am bitching because I'm just another "Kerry Klown", let me say that I specifically supported neither candidate - I simply have less faith in Bush's ability to continue than Kerry's ability to take up the torch.

Look at the comparison. In 1999, at the end of Clinton's second term, our economy was doing great, most of the world liked us (relatively), and the only major news item was the Oval Office BJs. Sure it's not really fair to compare that to Bush's term, but even if nobody saw 9/11 coming, there had to have been something he could have done that would have stopped the economy's hitting the shitter.
[post=411505]Quoted post[/post]​

in auguest of 01 i Had the best month ever in sales i saw a rise from the past two years the 1st 10 days of sept i was doing another good month and after 9/11 i did a total of 2 sales the whole month, sales were slow and the the biggest shopping day of the years and then sale swere back to where they were. to me the economy is not that bad i set a record the december and feb for my most sale ever.

I'm glad to hear it's not just me that's pissed. I work with 10 redneck Bush fanatics who don't know SHIT about government, it AMAZES me just HOW FUCKING STUPID AMERICA IS.

Originally posted by Al Franken
Anytime you lose like this, there’s a certain amount of Wednesday-morning quarterbacking and woulda-coulda-shoulda. I have no regrets myself, but as I look back at Kerry’s campaign, there are a couple of points where, if he had it all to do over again, I think he should have done it differently.

For example, in the first debate, Kerry announced that he would put our national security decisions in the hands of France. He said very explicitly that we would have to pass a global test before using force. I think a lot of us watching at the time thought that that was a mistake.

Also, of course, the flip-flops, especially those about Iraq. Voting, as you know, for the war, then against it, for it, then against it-having, as Sean Hannity said, literally 80 different positions. I wish he could have chosen one position and stuck with it.

Kerry’s decision to ban the Bible. That was a huge mistake, especially in very Christian areas. That might have gone over fine in atheist communities, but it cost him big everywhere else.

And then proposing a health care system that would impose an enormous federal bureaucracy and give medical decisions to paper-pushers in Washington, and in France.

And going back to Vietnam, the way he lied about what happened, inflicted those wounds on himself to get those medals, and then threw them out-I think that was a mistake. Of course, that was a mistake that he made back then, decades ago. But he could have been more honest about it now.

A lot of people talk about Bush’s record, and what he might do in the next term, but what this really comes down to is character. And ceding your doctor’s authority to France, and the flip-flops, and shooting himself in the leg to win a medal-I guess those things just overcame the awful, failed presidency of George W. Bush.

You know I wouldn’t mind losing an election if it were an honest disagreement, based on facts, over values and policy. But that’s not what happened. A large majority of Bush supporters went to the polls believing things that were false. For example, any of the above. They believed lies about Kerry, and they believed lies about Iraq, and they believed lies about Bush.

We’re not going to heal this country as long as we have a president who won’t be accountable, who won’t tell the truth, who is willing to campaign with a vicious dishonesty that is unprecedented.

After Barry Goldwater was crushed by Lyndon Johnson in 1964, the right decided to take a long view. They poured literally billions of dollars into creating the right-wing infrastructure that dominates our politics today. They built up the American Enterprise Institute, the Heritage Foundation, the Media Research Center, and now Fox News Channel-and many other organizations, above and below the radar. Though they won the White House in 1968, it took them thirty years to reach their ascendancy in 1964.

Our side just started. Air America went on the air seven months ago. Normally, incumbent presidents either win by a landslide or lose by a landslide, and a year or two ago, people thought it would be an overwhelming Bush victory. It wasn’t. For an incumbent wartime president, this was a close race. And we’ve created a movement to take this country back. Even though we didn’t do it this time, I believe that we will still do it.

The other side wants us to get demoralized, but we are going to fight. We are going to fight every step of the way.

Round two starts now.

Al Franken

I think he sums up my general sentiment on the situation pretty well.

i think this is the fastest growing thread we ever had on hs

new_map.jpg

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Nov 3 2004, 06:05 PM-->
i don't ban people for personal beleifs. review the fourm guidelines.
[post=411530]Quoted post[/post]​

No? Let's look at Brian's flip-flopping!

Originally posted by pissedoffkerry@Nov 3 2004, 08:55 AM
if you voted for bush, i should ban you.

And while you don't actually say it here, you imply that the board is not Bush- friendly and that voters of Bush are back pedaling double speakers. Kinda funny, coming from someone who voted for Kerry...

pissedoffkerry
@Nov 3 2004, 12:35 PM
if you voted for bush and post on this board, yo're a hypocryte

Originally posted by xyswany@Nov 3 2004, 08:28 PM
new_map.jpg

[post=411590]Quoted post[/post]​

That has now been placed on my dorm room door.

This was posted 10/12/04 linky
...More recently we have seen this normally subdued group (the Silent Majority) rise up in throngs voting to keep the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman. Several states have on the November ballot resolutions, laws, referendums, etc seeking to amend their state's constitution in an effort to stem liberal judges from legislating from the bench.

It is my sincere belief and hope that once again the silent majority will speak out when asked to do so. Not in any poll, not around the water cooler at work but on the day when it matters, November 2, 2004; Election Day.

on CNN.com today
Respondents painted contrasting images of what qualities they desired in a president, as well as what issues they felt were most important.

Sen. John Kerry's backers emphasized jobs, intelligence, empathy and desire for change. Supporters of President Bush, meanwhile, stressed terrorism, faith, clarity and trust.

A roughly equal number of respondents called "moral values" and the economy as the 2004 election's most importance issues. Those who cited the former backed Bush overwhelmingly (79 percent, with 18 percent for Kerry); those who made the latter a priority voted for Kerry by a similar margin (80 percent, with 18 percent for Bush).

Terrorism and the war in Iraq rated as the third and fourth top issues, respectively. While the voting public evenly split on the Iraq war, those who called it a top issue were far more likely to support Kerry. Bush won handily among those who prioritized terrorism.
I'm right so little I had to take this opportunity to point it out.

Also, I can't beleive it took me so long to find this & I'm sure all the political science majors and experts already knew about it. However, for the rest of you check out this sight for the truth about both candidates and (hopefully) the truth From President Bush going forward.

Factcheck.org

Back