Cam/ tune ?'s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

408Projects

JDM- Project Eg6
I got some more ?'s. OK i just put a b18c in my eg and it pulls hard. But its not the power im looking for so, i came across some stage1 cams and im going to install them but.... should i throw in some springs and retainers first? (i dont want a floter) then get a tune? i want max street power!!!! I have my chipped ecu redline @ 9200. I already taking out RSXtS by like 4 cars and super changed buicks. :feedback:

Yes you should get the springs and retainers, get the whole lot then if you want to upgrade the cams in future you've already got the bases covered.

Might want to look at something like skunk2 pro stage 1s if you want big n/a power, very good for street use apparently and exceptionally good cams.

Your car would run better with the stock map back in it. There is no need for a redline 1000rpms over what stock should be. Your motor stops making power at 8000rpms so there is no reason to rev it higher than that.

Im not to sure because my car pulls all the way to 9200, And the cross over pops hard and loud @ 5700 then starts losing power around 9350-9500rpms. And yeah they were racing me i have it all on video. The car pulls hard. They thougt i was on the bottle. but nah. i heard the strings start to bend not until around 12:3 @ redline. So i was just wondering if i should upgrade the strings or not. its just a mid-cam. Only stage1. so i guess my ? is if i run that cam without upgrading you think it should be ok?

just because your car keeps going faster, doesn't mean it's still making power at that high of rpm.

your ass dyno is wrong.

I got some more ?'s. OK i just put a b18c in my eg and it pulls hard. But its not the power im looking for so, i came across some stage1 cams and im going to install them but.... should i throw in some springs and retainers first? (i dont want a floter) then get a tune? i want max street power!!!! I have my chipped ecu redline @ 9200. I already taking out RSXtS by like 4 cars and super changed buicks. :feedback:

Dude, put that stock map back in your car ASAP or else your "hard pulling" b18c will be resting in pieces before you know it.

Stock motor = Stock map.
Properly built motor = Properly tuned map

Poor GSR.

just because your car keeps going faster, doesn't mean it's still making power at that high of rpm.

your ass dyno is wrong.

Dude, put that stock map back in your car ASAP or else your "hard pulling" b18c will be resting in pieces before you know it.

Stock motor = Stock map.
Properly built motor = Properly tuned map

Poor GSR.

Naw d00d itz still makez powa, I dont need no redline, da 439586 redline is da best for ma stock motor.

I dont know why people dont get it. :dunno:

Naw d00d itz still makez powa, I dont need no redline, da 439586 redline is da best for ma stock motor.

I dont know why people dont get it. :dunno:
people think it's like a checkbook. my account still has money, i still have checks.

it keeps revving, must be going strong.

Im not to sure because my car pulls all the way to 9200, And the cross over pops hard and loud @ 5700 then starts losing power around 9350-9500rpms. And yeah they were racing me i have it all on video. The car pulls hard. They thougt i was on the bottle. but nah. i heard the strings start to bend not until around 12:3 @ redline. So i was just wondering if i should upgrade the strings or not. its just a mid-cam. Only stage1. so i guess my ? is if i run that cam without upgrading you think it should be ok?

The butt dyno is not caliberated.

Im going to put my two cents in, the guy that owned my car before me put a D16ZC and chipped the ecu and the redline is 8200 but it only pulls to 7200 so there is no use in it going any higher than that! Just cos it goes higher doesnt mean its better!!!:eek:

Back