Cams Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ericmugen

What cams are best=the Skunk 2 stage 3, Jun stage 3, Toda spec C, or Toda Erick Aguilar Spec.

What kind of racing are you doing? The skunk2 Stage3 are horrible for a daily driver, they are not streeable what so ever. I am not to fimmiliar with toda's or JUN stuff so i cant tell you my oppion about them. Unless this is going in to a strickly race car (trailor queen) these aggressive cams are not good for you.

for street. CTR cams are sweet. good gas mileage, and they pull harder than stock over 5K. i swear by mine for a daily driver

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Jan 7 2003, 08:55 PM
for street. CTR cams are sweet. good gas mileage, and they pull harder than stock over 5K. i swear by mine for a daily driver

adam when did you get them installed? You put ctr springs and vavles in there too right?

yeah whats your purpose for them, makes a huge difference... like pills said CTR is the way to go as far as daily driving good idling cams.

well, the most aggresive spec of any of those cams would be the eriks racing toda's, also known as spec D's... go check them out, they are insane... but, that would be for N/A drag application, probably not too streetable, and would need all sorts of other engine work done :).

The most aggressive (popular) cam really that can be used with normal street applications is the skunk2 stage 2, they give about 8-12 hp more then ITR's and still keep a reasonable idle

(doing tags are alot easiyer on this board)

I Know that the cams that i mentionate at the start are for drag race only but I want to know what are best.Thanks.

well, be a little more specific with everything else you'll be running, like pistons, CR, P&P, intake mani, tb, fuel, engine management, balance blueprint, which B motor ?? these would help a lot

Originally posted by B16@Jan 7 2003, 09:51 PM
well, be a little more specific with everything else you'll be running, like pistons, CR, P&P, intake mani, tb, fuel, engine management, balance blueprint, which B motor ?? these would help a lot

:withstupid: :werd:

get more specific with your question please :D

but personal recommendation as for trailor queen status is either toda spec D's or Crower Stage 3's...

yeah im with him too.... don't forget the proper toda valves, springs, and retainers

assuming this is a N/A drag setup

What is the difference between Cams in an engine that has an automatic trans, and an engine with say a 5 Spd tranny'? And also for a daily driver waht is the best cam for a B18A1 (with new Sleeves, Rings, Pistons(10.5:1 compression] New rods "Crower", And new Main and rod bearings along with new thrush washers"Top-Line"). Thjis car is the car I use to get to and from school.. teh engine has a little over 180 Horse (187).

Brian

i've had my CTR intake/ ITR exhaust cam in there for quite some time now.. the springs and retainers are sitting in my desk drawer still :( waiting for new valves and my head work over the winter

Back