cant decide

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

arroshiz

alright, i'm confused on what i want to do and was hopin yall could help me decide...i've got a b18a1 golden eagle sleeved, eagle rods, ross pistons and rings, type-r oil pump, type-r crank, all the good stuff...and i've got a b16 head and vtec kit already, and was just about to order the turbo the other day when i started realizing i didnt wanna be tryin to fix my car all the time and didnt want it to turn into a money pit, altogther i've got 2600 in that block and i've got about the same amount in the bank, u think it would be wise to go ahead with the project? or just get a jdm type-r and be done with it? it needs to be a daily driver...and idk if im ready for this big of a project yet. all i'm wantin is a car that is fast, and trustworthy...what do u guys think?...right now all i've got is a b17a1 in a 92 hb...nothin worth gettin excited about

daily driven honda turbo cars are t3h suck. you'll need a beater at the least. trust me.

Just throw together your LS/VTEC as an all motor setup. I'm guessing, since you were originally going FI, your ross pistons are around the 9.0:1 area? Sell those, and go for somewhere around the 11.5:1 area. Get a good set of cams, tune, and be done with it. You'll be around the 190wph+ area on pump gas, which is more power than the Type R throws down. Might as well work with what you have now....

Im with adnoh- keep what you have its built so it should last- i my self would be happy with that b17 you have - and maybe add turbo to that lol cause im a cheap ass now and wont waste my money on some thing so devaluative - id say sell it all personally buy a house lol

aight, well i reckon im gonna go with the type-r, and sell my other stuff and just wait till later on down the road when i have another car i can mess with...i think i'd be satisfied with a 200hp hb for the meantime

i'm pretty retarted...and dont think i could make it run good with a turbo, so i'd rather keep it simple but fast by gettin a b18c...i'm trying to think a few months ahead...to save myself time, money and trouble...besides i've been havin ideas of gettin a 240sx in a few months and puttin a new engine in it, drift that bitch, so that can be my tinker car while my civic runs and is decent

Originally posted by arroshiz@Jul 14 2005, 08:43 PM
i'm pretty retarted...and dont think i could make it run good with a turbo, so i'd rather keep it simple but fast by gettin a b18c...i'm trying to think a few months ahead...to save myself time, money and trouble...besides i've been havin ideas of gettin a 240sx in a few months and puttin a new engine in it, drift that bitch, so that can be my tinker car while my civic runs and is decent
[post=526364]Quoted post[/post]​

Ummmmm..... go ahead and sell your b20 vtec so you can buy a type r motor with less hp and WAY less torque..... :blink:

Horsepower sells cars. Torque wins races.

Keep the b20 like EVERYONE has said... (except for th guy with the mirage, and what the hell does he know? :p ) and just build it all motor. You can make almost as much power as a boosted b seies and be reliable to boot. Type r motors are WAY overrated and way overpriced. You can EASILY make more power to the wheel than a type r motor makes at the crank for much, much cheaper than a b18c5 swap.....

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Jul 14 2005, 10:44 PM-->
@Jul 14 2005, 08:43 PM
[post=526364]Quoted post[/post]​

Ummmmm..... go ahead and sell your b20 vtec so you can buy a type r motor with less hp and WAY less torque..... :blink:

Horsepower sells cars. Torque wins races.

Keep the b20 like EVERYONE has said... (except for th guy with the mirage, and what the hell does he know? :p ) and just build it all motor. You can make almost as much power as a boosted b seies and be reliable to boot. Type r motors are WAY overrated and way overpriced. You can EASILY make more power to the wheel than a type r motor makes at the crank for much, much cheaper than a b18c5 swap.....
[post=526428]Quoted post[/post]​

im a bit more practical. i like to drive my car everyday, without having to fix it. :D

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jul 15 2005, 08:59 AM
im a bit more practical. i like to drive my car everyday, without having to fix it. :D
[post=526640]Quoted post[/post]​

If you build it right, tune it right, and maintain it, it will be just as reliable as a type R. Plus Type R's break too, and parts are way more expensive.
Just a thought.

Back