Car Alarm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMPlaya

Looking for a great car alarm looking to spend 250-500, What would be the best brand to go with? Looking for a alarm with the pager feature..

Let me know what I should look for & where to buy

if yuor looking to get a pager alarm go to a shop and have them install it for you. the paging featuer can be hard to set up correctly and i like the vbiper pager alarms

all are good they work aswell as they are installed i have a crimestopper thats 4 years old and works perfect i have an alpine that works good.

I have had the Clifford Matrix RS 3.5 for about a year now. Flawless operation and more features than I can shake a stick at.

I paid $260 on Ebay, and installed it myself. I'm a sneaky fugger, and meticulously solder every connection, so it takes me a couple days to install.........but it's great.

Originally posted by tab@Sep 27 2004, 11:59 AM
I have had the Clifford Matrix RS 3.5 for about a year now. Flawless operation and more features than I can shake a stick at.

I paid $260 on Ebay, and installed it myself. I'm a sneaky fugger, and meticulously solder every connection, so it takes me a couple days to install.........but it's great.
[post=395328]Quoted post[/post]​

yes it is, that thing was a pain in the ass to install... but you gotta love being able to start your car from 1/4 mile away...

ps. remote start on a manual is a bish as well

Anybody ever heard or have the car alarm, that between sensor it's wireless? If yes, wich compagny makes it? Is it Clifford?

Thanks alot..

Originally posted by JOHNNYLIGHTFOOT+Oct 1 2004, 11:41 AM-->
Originally posted by tab@Sep 27 2004, 11:59 AM
I have had the Clifford Matrix RS 3.5 for about a year now.  Flawless operation and more features than I can shake a stick at.

I paid $260 on Ebay, and installed it myself.  I'm a sneaky fugger, and meticulously solder every connection, so it takes me a couple days to install.........but it's great.
[post=395328]Quoted post[/post]​

yes it is, that thing was a pain in the ass to install... but you gotta love being able to start your car from 1/4 mile away...

ps. remote start on a manual is a bish as well
[post=397136]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, I love it. I've thought about what I would do if I were to install on a manual. I believe the safest thing to do would be to install a contact switch at the E brake. If the contact was made just as the E brake made it's way up to fully pulled, then the automatic start would be much safer. Most people would not pull the E brake up fully with the car in gear, especially not the owner, who would know better. If the brake was not all the way up, the car wouldn't even try to start. :shrug2:

ovcrash
@Oct 1 2004, 12:52 PM
Anybody ever heard or have the car alarm, that between sensor it's wireless? If yes, wich compagny makes it? Is it Clifford?

Thanks alot..
[post=397166]Quoted post[/post]​

Never heard of one. Every wireless component would require a power source. The components have neatly bundled wires that run to the "brain". Those are easy to run and connect. The wiring mess comes from the rest of the wires, which run all over your car in different directions. B)

You should PM Caraudiophile he works at a shop he could probably help you alot with your questions.

Code Alarm makes good alarms, or just put some "Viper" or "Code Alarm" stickers on your window. My car was broke into 5 times in 12 months, I have put "Code Alarm" stickers on my car and was too lazy to actually install the alarm, no break in since !!!

go with a DEI alarm, ect viper clifford ect all made by dei.

if you want specifics pm me and i will get you any info you need or want.

Back