Car Of The Week

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 6 2003, 12:35 AM
its bullshit though.

look at mike/earl laskey. they built OUT OF POCKET a 9 sec CRX. they have 0 major sponsors.
its all about show.

rice > performance

its a sad world

Are they rich little boys? Or do all the work themselves?

Its a lot cheaper when you're not having to pay labor charges.

Its a part of business. The sponsors need the racers and the racers need the sponsors. It works out well.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 6 2003, 12:35 AM
its bullshit though.

look at mike/earl laskey. they built OUT OF POCKET a 9 sec CRX. they have 0 major sponsors.
its all about show.

rice > performance

its a sad world

How are sponsors rice? If your mommy and daddy was paying for all of your shit, you wouldn't be bitching about it. You wouldn't say stop mommy, i want to pay for that. Just like you wouldn't stop someone from sponsoring you or giving you "mad hookups".

But my car wouldnt be splattered with "Powered by my parents wallet" like those cars are. Some cars you can't even tell the color of the paint job, becuase there are so many stickers/paint jobs on it.

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Apr 6 2003, 12:56 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Apr 6 2003, 12:35 AM
its bullshit though.

its all about show.

rice > performance

its a sad world

How are sponsors rice? If your mommy and daddy was paying for all of your shit, you wouldn't be bitching about it. You wouldn't say stop mommy, i want to pay for that. Just like you wouldn't stop someone from sponsoring you or giving you "mad hookups".

what i was getting at is that it seems to me that a good portion of sponsor money goes into show cars instead of race cars. and thats jsut sad

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Apr 6 2003, 12:56 AM-->
pissedoffsol
its bullshit though.

its all about show.

rice > performance

its a sad world

I feel for what you're saying and I shouldn't butt in here...

BUT

about the mommy and daddy thing...some people would stop them from paying. :p
Like I expressed to you earlier today I can't stand when my parents feel its their obligation to pay for something for me.

but i think many people wouldn't bat their eyelashes at the cash if it were to be given to them by anyone

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Apr 6 2003, 01:02 AM-->
Originally posted by Domeskilla@Apr 6 2003, 12:56 AM
pissedoffsol
its bullshit though.

look at mike/earl laskey.  they built OUT OF POCKET a 9 sec CRX.  they have 0 major sponsors.  
its all about show.

rice > performance

its a sad world

what i was getting at is that it seems to me that a good portion of sponsor money goes into show cars instead of race cars. and thats jsut sad

Hey man...they're gonna do whatever sells.

Its sad and sickening at the regards in which people hold sex here in the United States, but sex sells so thats how companies will market their products in many instances.

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Apr 6 2003, 12:58 AM
But my car wouldnt be splattered with "Powered by my parents wallet" like those cars are. Some cars you can't even tell the color of the paint job, becuase there are so many stickers/paint jobs on it.

Is it your car?

No?

Then don't worry about whats painted on it. :p

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Apr 6 2003, 01:02 AM-->
Originally posted by Domeskilla@Apr 6 2003, 12:56 AM
pissedoffsol
its bullshit though.

look at mike/earl laskey.  they built OUT OF POCKET a 9 sec CRX.  they have 0 major sponsors.  
its all about show.

rice > performance

its a sad world

I noticed that in the import scene... in the truckn scene, 95% of the sponsors are custom shops/companies.. not racing companies pasting their names all over slammed trucks.

It is true that the sponsor money today is going to show cars, but soon, with the import scene growing by the exponent it is today, people will starting wanting their name on the winning drag cars to gain reputation for ther performance products. Hell, look at the AEM/meguiars drag cars.

They give those teams more cash than show cars, sol. Building one of those cars takes alot more than a $10,000 paint job and chrome engine compartment <_<

:werd:

Flashy shit is everything, like I said before, the virgin car enthusiasts are the ones that make APC Exec's rich, not the guy buying the arp studs so he can finish his 500 hp beastly motor. The number of honda's with alteeza's compared to honda's with 150hp+ motors at my school is like 100:1!!!! Not even funny, that my gay old d16z6 could probably smoke all the dx driving, HIN enthusiast kids at my school of like 2k+. Some kids think driving slow and having style is cool for some reason, so they buy big ridiculus stuff, and yes, I am usually there to flame them. :angry: I am with B on this one, yeah its a waste for the big ass sponsors to waste there time and name on the fruity kids to show off their trailorqueen cars at the shows but that is what makes them rich.

I went to the Import Nationals at Carslile, PA last year.

some of those trailerqueen cars are fucking sweet man. But what was sweeter was the parking lot at the hotel, thats where the badass kids were chilling. can you say, s2k with straight pipes? b18c5s, sick WRXs, and yes - my dad's new f250 super duty, which I had to borrow after my car shit the bed. It was quite the sight in the parking lot. no car probably over 4 inches off the ground - super duty.

I will be the first to admit, a trailerqueen car with a sick airbrush paint job and an INSANE system impresses me alot, because of the custom work and talent involved in creating some of the cars.

i like this one better cause it has wing holes :p
s3e569d4c96d05.jpg

Man, you guys trip me out. You'll flame a car with altezzas and wings and at the same time flame a Integra with SW388's and a B18C5. Like your sweets ass rides' exhaust don't stink. (I know shitty metaphor)

Hey Sol, my name is Yoshikuraku Sushisucks, CEO of Spoon Sports of Japan. I make you good deal, you give me props and I give you huuuge discount. 75% off all part.
You gonna tell me no?

Originally posted by TRuggiero_@Apr 7 2003, 08:15 PM
Man, you guys trip me out. You'll flame a car with altezzas and wings and at the same time flame a Integra with SW388's and a B18C5. Like your sweets ass rides' exhaust don't stink. (I know shitty metaphor)

Hey Sol, my name is Yoshikuraku Sushisucks, CEO of Spoon Sports of Japan. I make you good deal, you give me props and I give you huuuge discount. 75% off all part.
You gonna tell me no?

HOW MANY YOU SAY? 20 "d" ENERGIZER BATTELY?

Originally posted by TRuggiero_@Apr 7 2003, 09:15 PM

You gonna tell me no?

yup. cuz 25% of an entirely overpriced NA motor is useless to me :p

Originally posted by TRuggiero_@Apr 7 2003, 08:15 PM

lets face it...everything is rice :p

Back