car opinions?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tegg_gsr

i own both a 95 gsr with 165000 miles on it, and a 92 vx i was thinkin about sellin my gsr and buying a complete swap from hmo.com.or maybe i should just take the motor out and build it up then swap it into the hatch then part the gsr off and sell the stock vx motor and tranny. Just throw some opinions at me. Thanx

well you mean take what i have(95gsr) and swap it out instead of buying from hmo ;right?

1)when you get an engine from hmo is there any way of telling how many miles is on any way? 2)i plan on putting a turbo on it and i was wondering since i have all those miles on it what do you suggest i do to run it safely on a everyday driven car?

1)There is no way of telling the mileage, but there are signs. Do a compression and leakdown test to see if it burns oil. 2) Fuel management, fuel management, fuel manegement

im tryin to get somewhere in the mid 13's (to beat my girlfriends car )so do you think i would be better off going all motor since ive got i/h/e already?i know i would have to get a different exhaust already to fit the hatch . ps. im on a budget!

Originally posted by tegg_gsr@Sep 12 2003, 10:03 PM
im tryin to get somewhere in the mid 13's (to beat my girlfriends car )so do you think i would be better off going all motor since ive got i/h/e already?i know i would have to get a different exhaust already to fit the hatch . ps. im on a budget!

I thought you were turboing it? Drop it in the vx and you will drop a couple of tenths, since its a lot lighter then the teg.

Yea, I'd say safely you could be running pretty much low to flat 15's with that motor and no mods. (Intake and exhaust are NOT mods either... :D). Check out the turbo or supercharge route will be the only way... you can try N/A, but that will get expensive REALLY quick and you may shave about second off your time if you do a decent mild build up.

Sell your GSR CAR...keep the VX.

Now since you want to top 13.45... I would suggest buying a nice J spec ITR motor.

As for a great parts list:

Comptech icebox
SMSP/Toda2.5 header
Test Pipe
2.5 mandrel exhaust with your muff of choice
P28 ecu with ITR base map and Hondata
15inch light (less than 12lbs) rims with good rubber
Jun/Toda/Spoon/Fidanza flywheel
Whatever clutch you want
Cam gears from Jun/Toda/Spoon

that should get you there for sure with practice and it's reliable.

Hell man, sell the GSR as a complete car, and you should net MORE than enough to drop an ITR, GSR whatever with plenty of bolt ons maybe even a boosted LS. Since B's run around mid 14's to high 13's in stock trim in a hatch you will be just short of your mark, spend some time perfecting your driving, goal met.

well iwas gonna boost an ls/vtec but it seems you really have to know what your doing to get it done right.and ive heard they dont last.and i also read that if i drop an h22a w/ bolt ons i might be able to get in mid to high 13's.my dads a mechanic. he does swaps just about every other day so i know he wont have a prob with swapping for me.

sounds like you want boost, sell your GSR Car complete.

Buy a GSR motor throw that in, turbo kit, tune it out to 8psi so that it runs nicely and you have a great ride, then when more money comes upgrade the otehr stuff.

Back