Car Shakes Bad!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatch_kidb18b1

hi i have a 91 civic hatch dx with a b18b1 swap my car has been very great but i was driving and got into the pedal and the car started to shake so i got into it again and nothing well a couple days later it started shaking again but this time it was constent now it shakes so bad i dont want to drive the car so a little help would be nice. its not the wheels or tires i have out two different sets on it and it does not stop i dont think it is the wheel bearings cause there is no play but ther is play in the axles and grease everywhere could it be the axles causing it to shake thanks in advance

well if its not the bearings tires or rims,check the rotors other than that i dont know

how would the rotors make it shake if the rotors where bent it would only shake when braking i said that there is grease from the axles everywhere and they have play in them sorry if i did not make that part clear lol

can u tell me how the rotors would cause it to shake i am very mechanicly able i just like to know whats going on before i start replacing crap u know

well like you said most of the times if its bad rotors it will only do it while braking

yeah thats why i asked lol i am so mad right now i love my honda and would never betray her but she took a shit on me lol i just hate seeing my baby like dis

sounds like a weight popped off your tires bro.

axles shouldn't make your car shake if the rest of your suspension is tight.

Alignment reaaaaaaallly out of whack?

Everyone's ignoring the obvious?

Find out where that grease is coming from. Take the axles off and inspect the boots in the light. If there are tears, replace the axle. If you bought a remanufactured axle previously, you should have a lifetime warranty on them. If not, buy remanufactured with lifetime warranty this time.

If the grease isn't coming from either axle's boots, it's likely that it's coming from your transmission/differential. If it is, change out your gear oil ASAP. Monitor the level often to see how much you're going through (the fill hole is also the level check hole). It could be coming from either, and both could cause a shake. Do you have an LSD-equipped transmission, or just an open tranny?

no motor runs great and alignment is fine car goes straight the only thing i can think of is axles or spindles but i am not sure like i said it only shakes when accelerating or just cruisin and when i say shake i mean it feels like the lug nuts are loose and the tires are wobbeling but the lug nuts are tight i am so confused at what it could be

the grease is coming from the axles and i know i am, low on tranny fluid and it dont have lsd ok the grease is coming from the boots but there are no rips i know its coming from the axle cause its spittin it out on both sides in a line up the fire wall right in front of the axles (both sides)

it being low on gear oil should not cause it to shake though i dont think i have had many cars (wagovan) that i beat the crap out of and it had absolutley NO gear oil causeing every gear to grind but still NO shaking

Back