Car Shakes Bad!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Everyone gave you ideas, did you check all these things already? Besides the CV axle, the motor mounts are probably the culprit, the rubber could be worn and not be visible.

motor mounts are custom full pollyurethane mounts and they are perfect already pulled them off to check (what a bitch that was lol) and yes everyone has gave me info but all the info i check comes out fine like wheel bearings if they are bad the wheel should have play when moving by hand and the rotors would cause it to shake when braking correct me if i am wrong and thanks guys this is way better than honda tech i posted there to and got 2 replys

how did you check the bearings, just a note you should jack the car up get the wheel off the ground grap the very top and very bottom and see if you can move it back and forth that way

NO nothing is beyond all of us dont dought urself lol we can do it i know we can lol i am just going to go ahead and replace the spindles tomorrow if that dont work then i will replace the axles if those dont fix it atleast i will have new stuff lol :) THANKS GUYS

NO nothing is beyond all of us dont dought urself lol we can do it i know we can lol i am just going to go ahead and replace the spindles tomorrow if that dont work then i will replace the axles if those dont fix it atleast i will have new stuff lol :) THANKS GUYS

Exactly where is the grease coming out of the axles? If it isn't coming from the boots, where else would it be coming from?

To answer a few questions:
An LSD that's low on fluid could (theoretically) supply power to one side, then the other, making the car feel like it's shaking.

Warped brake rotors could absolutely cause a shimmy when not braking, if they're badly warped, or if one of the calipers does not open completely (very common problem most people never even notice).

Is your shake directly related to your speed or RPM? (use the clutch to find out)

i just dont see axles being the problem ive eveb has some that lasted 6 months with not bot at all on them

k i put tranny oil in just cause i figured it was worth a shot and to my suprise it stopped shaking alot it still shakes but not nearly as bad but then it leaked out i am pretty sure the tranny is shot i discovered a hole the size of a quarter that had been jb welded lol so I AM NOW WANTING TO BUY A TRANNY B16 OR B18 MUST BE CABLE CLUTCH I LIVE IN EUGENE OREGON AND WILLING TO PAY CASH thanks guys for everything u are all tons of help but sometimes the honda machines we have just like to do stuff there way every once in a while but for the guy who jb welded the tranny i know u r out there some where but no worries i have ur number name address oh and not to mention license plate number lol thanks again everyone TONS BETTER THAN HONDA TECH ;)

Broken steering/suspension components will cause shaking when accelerating, bad trans. mount, etc. Get the car up in the air and inspect the under-side.

A bad transaxle mount can lead to a seized transaxle over a short period of time, especially with a lowered (stiff) suspension. Happened to me years ago. Third gear would just magically pop out of gear while driving, than one day, BOOM. Just find another transaxle and make sure everything is mounted properly.

car is not lowered but has coil overs an d i am just getting a new tranny this one is jimmy rigged with all the lb on it plus it will give me a reason to install a 6 puc lol thanks guys this thread can be deleted or whatever u guys do ;)

thanks for all the input but MY CAR GOT IMPOUNDED i got pulled over got $1000 in tickets and the car got towed i guess that car needed a new home lol i guess i will not be on this site for a while till i get another honda lol thanks guys

thanks for all the input but MY CAR GOT IMPOUNDED i got pulled over got $1000 in tickets and the car got towed i guess that car needed a new home lol i guess i will not be on this site for a while till i get another honda lol thanks guys
what the hell did you do lol

Last edited:
why would you drive with no insurance and bad tags. Fuck the tags, why with no insurance?

I could careless about your tags or your license, but the insurance is no joke. Go get your car reg'd and ins'd and you can get it out of hock.

do yourself a favor and replace the axles first if the axle is out of balance or the hubs are bad it will cause that problem the spindles wont

i can not get ins with no license and cant get tags with out ins but oh well no big deal just going to buy another car and build it how i want it lol

Fucking idiots like you make the rest of our insurance rates go up. Grow the fuck up, if you can't get insurance you need to car pool or take the bus. Obviously you aren't responsible enough to drive.

Back