Car windshield tint

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

have you ever tried ordering a dozen shitty knock off oakleys?
i ordered a dozen and at least 2 or 3 were so dark that i couldn't easily see through the lenses
those might be perfect for you.
do you like the old school eye jackets?

or another option is to simply harden the fuck up

So he issues you a fix it ticket and you don't fix it. What then?

then you pay the fine, and keep the tint

If I do nothing, MD will suspend the registration of the car.

If I continue to do nothing after that, the Motor Vehicle Administration will assess a fine to pick up my plates, I think it's $150 until 30-days, then $5/day after that?

I already removed the tint, so no big deal, except for my eyes.

If I do nothing, MD will suspend the registration of the car.
:owned:
damn, in NY you have until sundown the next day to "fix it" and have an officer or inspection station sign off on the fix-it ticket
if its not fixed in that time frame then you're stuck dealing with the court
i don't think they ever require verification to see if its actually been fixed if you go to court or pay the fine.
my old lady has had 3 or 4 tint tickets, she just pays the fine and keep on rocking.

Yeah I don't see how they'd take your plates for a fix it ticket. I've blown off speeding tickets and I didn't ever hear shit about it.

My advice: tear up every ticket you receive and pretend they never happened.

Yeah I don't see how they'd take your plates for a fix it ticket. I've blown off speeding tickets and I didn't ever hear shit about it.

They don't take your plates your plates just show up as suspended if they get ran by an officer.
You also can't get new stickers or smog test done and the fees will keep adding up.

I also get migraines one thing that seems to trigger it is most cheap sunglasses or sun glasses that dont fit correctly.

Why don't you get some dark sun glasses? I'm sure you could have them made or worst case just dye the lenses to a darker tint.

They don't take your plates your plates just show up as suspended if they get ran by an officer.
You also can't get new stickers or smog test done and the fees will keep adding up.

I also get migraines one thing that seems to trigger it is most cheap sunglasses or sun glasses that dont fit correctly.

Why don't you get some dark sun glasses? I'm sure you could have them made or worst case just dye the lenses to a darker tint.

Yeah, that's what I'm going to have to do again. The ray bans I have now are a prescription tint polarized. I'll just have to get them darker.

big-sunglasses-e1334598014139.jpg

People who live in areas with normal population densities (cities, for instance), probably run across more cops than you do. So, while this strategy may work for you, it likely won't for the majority of the people on this board.

I drive past 4-5 cops a day. At least that's how many I notice. I guess the revenuers up here aren't as efficient?

I drive past 4-5 cops a day. At least that's how many I notice. I guess the revenuers up here aren't as efficient?
I would assume so.

I got pulled over the other day on CAMPUS, by CAMPUS POLICE, and was issued a citation for expired inspection. Here, the cops run your license every time you get pulled over, and even run your license plate before they pull you over, and will not hesitate to haul you to jail for outstanding citations.

i saw your post on fb about getting pulled for wearing 2 pair of sunglasses. please tell us, i want to know what happened. lol

damn that sucks, both my daily drivers have 5 percent all the way around and 35 percent on the full windshield and havnt been messed with yet! my buddys wife has her full windshield at 35 percent on her tsx as well but she has a drs note and has been let go everytime! lol gotta love ohio

i saw your post on fb about getting pulled for wearing 2 pair of sunglasses. please tell us, i want to know what happened. lol

I was wearing two pairs of sunglasses on my drive home after getting the tint removed. I had just stopped at a red light after getting off the interstate (I-95) and I was in the right lane of a two lane road, with two left turn lanes. (Honeygo blvd and MD43 for everyone who wants to map it out.)

The cop was sitting in the left lane at the red light, he looked over, I saw his head crane, and he looked back at the light. The light turned green, and he stayed at the light for about a second, then left. I accelerated as I normally do, shifting not unusually high, but somewhere around 4.5k, so I got out of the light faster than he did. As soon as I got through the intersection, he turned his lights on, and played a "whoop-whooooop" over his PA/Siren. I thought I was getting pulled over for "excessive acceleration" or "window tint" again, or something equally stupid.

So he walked up to the car, and I had my DL ready, and he asked me "Do you know why I pulled you over?" and without giving me time to even think about an answer "I pulled you over because you're wearing two pairs of sunglasses, and it's ABSTRACTING your vision" (emphasis mine, but the same word he used.) I explained that I have sensitive eyes, and I have a medical waiver from my doctor, and I just had the windshield tint removed at the behest of the MSP. I stated that it's not OBSTRUCTING (actual emphasis) my vision, and it's actually allowing me to see, because otherwise I'd be sun-blind.

So, as soon as I mentioned something about a medical reason, he backed down, and decided it wasn't worth it to push any harder. He didn't even look at my license, much less run it. Might have helped that I was coming straight from work, and dressed appropriately. He told me not to wear two pairs of sunglasses, and to have a nice day. I told him to have a wonderful evening, and to stay safe.

He was wearing a MSP polo, IWB holster with what looked to be a sig in it (something with a hammer), and had his badge on his belt, unmarked crown vic, blue with internal lights, grille lights, and a huge whip.

I almost told him I was going to take a picture of him, but decided not to open that can of worms. (MSP doesn't like it when people take pictures of their plain clothes officers.)

Back