ok, some people say that removing the cat hurts your car, others say it gives you more hp. my question is which theory is correct?
We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms
Originally posted by Distorted@Feb 14 2003, 05:37 PM
No real point in running without a cat unless your at a track.
1) illegal in most places, but that doesnt matter to everyone, not me at least.
2) if your cat sucks(and most do) get a good highflow cat
3) unless your running a turbo with some serious boost, most cars stand to get or - a few horsepower.
4) its loud, and unless you like hearing the apocalypse occur in your car its not going to be pleasant.
5) if it is illegal, messing with your cat gets you a staggeringly large ticket. Somewhere between 5000-10000(at least in Washington) is possible as they consider it a very serious environmental offense. Kinda like the ultimate "no front plate, oh, whats that noise" ticket you can get.
Originally posted by 96prelude@Feb 17 2003, 07:45 PM
no i'm just saying if they can get away with it so can i.