Cheap!! B20 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CR-X - SI - GSR

i know whare to get a b20 not sure which b20. comes out of a 89 prelude with aws (all wheel steer, which i might do a custom streering system on my crx) i can get everything for this swap for around 450 to 600. fluids and all.only thing that concerns me is the insane mileage and if it works. 190k. should i just do it anyways? should i do it and give it a tune up? (pistons, rings, gaskets, etc)

What's it going in? If you are swapping it into anything other than a Prelude, you've got the wrong B20.

B20B and B20Z out of the 96+ CRV is the B20 you are looking for.

into a 88 cr-x. ur telling me that a b20a5 2.0 dual with 135 hp wont fit in my cr-x. same year same everything stat wise under the hood. they're alot of b20s and all will fit

The B20's that were in the Preludes are the worst B-series motors out there. And just because the Prelude is the same year as the CRX doesn't mean that it will be a direct swap.

You need to do a little research. If you want to get the B20 out of the Prelude and do the swap, feel free. But you are wasting money and a huge chunk of time doing so. Spend the money right the first time on the correct parts. It will save you time and money in the long run. But what do I know...

hey u said more than i wanted in that. "The B20's that were in the Preludes are the worst B-series motors out there. And just because the Prelude is the same year as the CRX doesn't mean that it will be a direct swap." thats what i really wanted to hear. it being the worst b-series. and its mileage. thanx alot. and i am doing some research. i got alll winter.

just stick with the b18 or b16 that we have been telling you to get for that last week. we (I) have even provided you links to what you should get.

If you really want a B-series swap and want to spend around the same amount as you saw for that Prelude motor, look at an LS swap. B18A is a popular swap, and can be had for $500-$800. Granted, you will need more than that to do the swap, but it's a good start.

yea i've just been looking at everything in my sight. thats y i asked about the b17 motor, and this one. yea ill just be collecting till winters over

te b20 in the older ludes,dont have mount kits for the crx,
get an LS(b18a1)swap mounts,linkage,pr4 ecu,da axles and halfshaft,and swap that,you seem like you have no idea what your doingor talking about,and this swap is the next easiest other than a d series,

yea i've just been looking at everything in my sight. thats y i asked about the b17 motor, and this one. yea ill just be collecting till winters over
well then, collect and read. you don't have to post about every single motor you come across. if you read the forum for the next 3 months while you are saving, you will have enough knowledge to make the right decision for you.

until then....:postwhore:

Back