Check Engin Light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ngq

When i unplugged the 4 wire o2 sensor on the exh. manifold the check engin light
did not come on?(the engin running).is it suppose to come on right away or the
ecu needs time to react.
iam not sure if the wireing is correct.

mine took about 400 yards of driving to pop on and kill the car's power after i re-wired it for my header (which i did wrong) even after ideling in the driveway for 10 min.

my 4 wire o2 sensor went out and killed my power too, what do i do ?? do i just replace it and all my power will be restored??

I dont think these sensors can be fixed,just buy an oem sensor and save ur self
time & headace.

I dont think these sensors can be fixed,just buy an oem sensor and save ur self
time & headace.

yeah, thats what i meant. im gonna replace it. when i do replace it will that restore my power??

I don't see an o2 shutting down a motor. If you can drive without it, and have no problems, how could it going out, shut your car down?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 13 2003, 04:45 AM
mine took about 400 yards of driving to pop on and kill the car's power after i re-wired it for my header (which i did wrong) even after ideling in the driveway for 10 min.

how did you re-wire it correctly?

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 14 2003, 05:06 PM
I don't see an o2 shutting down a motor. If you can drive without it, and have no problems, how could it going out, shut your car down?

same here..i had one in my old rex that was fuckn shot..the check engine light only came on when i was racin..revin the shit out of the engine..and then i would notice a lose in power..but never turned my engine completely off..

it didnt turn my engine off, it just made my car run like shit. my car boggs alot and i think its because of this, i could be wrong though. i noticed my car start running like this ever since that engine light came out and i got a code 41

I've been throwing a 41 for a couple weeks now, and since I plugged in my MAP sensor(noticed it was "overlooked") my car has run perfect, idles like a new motor.

Back