circuit city is done

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I went to the CC by me when they were at 70% off of everything and I was looking at getting all the car audio install items like kits & harnesses and what not, they said they would rather see it go to the little independent shops because they knew that the consumer really wouldnt buy it up. Well I tried to wheel n deal with them and they wouldnt budge on anything. Like they gave me a price of, example: $10 per item roughly 400 pieces left. So you do the math.$4000, I said no way. I said you guys are liquidating the store. You guys need all this stuff gone. So I low balled and said $1 per item. They said nope we will just send all this to another store if it dont sell here. I said the whole idea is to get rid of everything, not ship it to another store. So I left my number with them and said call me once you talk to the liquidator and you guys are bout ready to close this store for good.

Freight is relatively cheap, they will consolidate the unsold merchandise and the liquidating company will sell the inventory for pennies on the dollar to a close out specialty store like Odd Lot.

Btw.. my tv i got is a 37" Sylvania for 549.xx with tax came out to about 612.xx or so... compared to the other choices I had I made a good buy, but now I'm just pissed off when finding that CC is shutting it down...

Yup and I ended up getting a 46" Samsung 1080p 120Hz for 1,550.00 off Newegg w/ free shipping.

Went! Picked up A Brand new 52" LCD Flat Screen TV brand Sony for $500 + got a PS3 with 12 games 4 under a grand... im happy!

Best Buy isn't in the same situation...

Their books are far more solid than Circuit City's.

If you work at BB you should know that the stores were growing up until about a year ago. BB may be in a decline and may close weaker stores, but they won't be going out of business.

Ok we will see electronics are not a necessity and if you notice this is how it started with tweeter and CC. best buy is not doing as well as you think they just let 4000 corporate employees go and are doing a restructure, this is what CC did about a year ago and now look at em, closin up all there stores.

Ok we will see electronics are not a necessity and if you notice this is how it started with tweeter and CC. best buy is not doing as well as you think they just let 4000 corporate employees go and are doing a restructure, this is what CC did about a year ago and now look at em, closin up all there stores.

Electronics are a necessity in today's world.

UPS is a Fortune 50 company. We just consolidated 10 districts into 5 districts, cut 3 hubs from our operations, and cut employment.

FedEx slashed jobs, froze and reduced salaries by 5%, took away all bonuses and stopped 401k contributions guaranteed for at least the next year.

... do you think either of us are closing our doors?

Its tough economic times. They project 70,000 retail stores will close within the next two years. This doesn't mean that BB is going to be leaving the market any time soon.

People still need a physical location to touch the computers, ipods, cameras, etc. so there will be a place in the market for electronic stores.

i is back. gots me a ps3 fer 270 bucks which im using to post this message. i must say that the browser is a bit on the lacking side though...:ph34r:

don't you work there?

Used to* I ended up walking out after getting into it with the guy "in charge of the building," not sure exactly what he does except bitch and get bitched at. I swear, if you become part of management, one of your tasks includes yelling at people and/or getting yelled at on a daily basis. Seriously.

Also, I heard that guy got in trouble when I left because I was one of the fastest loaders and more efficient than any of the others out there.

lol funny shit there... i see your sig all the time but never really noticed the STD that you've been trucking around hondaswap all this time... haaha

Yea, it beats spelling out Standard. Oh well, it's up there with people calling their transmissions "trannys", etc.

hahaa tranny is a funny one, especially when you gety to use the term around car-retarded people... like high school chicks.. lol god damn i miss those days.

yea man i cant make it on just my part time job... lol yo Eg6» does hs ra = hondaswap resident asshole? im perplexed

Last edited:
Back