clearance questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PLA5151

ok, I have a '96 civic coupe HX with an H22A under the hood with HAsport mounts....I am looking to get an aftermarket skunk2 IM, I have also heard from people that the skunk2 IM in particular makes it difficult to later get an aftermarket fuel rail to fit? Any truth to this? Also, will there be any clearance issues for that IM to fit between the firewall and the motor (I didn't know if the plenum or runners extend out further than my stock IM) If so, would it be better for me to take my stock IM to a machine shop or get a type S IM? Any opinions welcome....thanks in advance.
l

have you looked into STR's Air Maxx Intake manifold. it has short runners but they dont curve upward, sinks into the engine bay a bit, it really doesn't take away space. plus aftermarket fuel rails such as AEM and such fit, and they have their own fuel rail and throttlebody. only thing about the STR IM is that you want to make sure you get the universal throttle cable mounting bracket.

Originally posted by DesertNightEagle@Jul 4 2005, 02:54 PM
have you looked into STR's Air Maxx Intake manifold. it has short runners but they dont curve upward, sinks into the engine bay a bit, it really doesn't take away space. plus aftermarket fuel rails such as AEM and such fit, and they have their own fuel rail and throttlebody. only thing about the STR IM is that you want to make sure you get the universal throttle cable mounting bracket.
[post=520480]Quoted post[/post]​

have a web address or phone# for STR??
does it take away from performance at all??

i really cant give you an honest answer about that, i just look at the stock IM and what mine is now and too me there isnt a big difference but then again i have a prelude. you can just ask them, their website is strpower.com. i think they have a h22 civic with it on. but part of their site is down.

will I really even benefit at all from taking my stock IM to a machine shop?

Originally posted by PLA5151@Jul 5 2005, 09:43 AM
will I really even benefit at all from taking my stock IM to a machine shop?
[post=520757]Quoted post[/post]​

get it portmatched at both ends and you should see a couple of horses across the board.

Back