Climbing to the Top of a Radio Tower

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wait, so all that is OCEA approved!? we can't have little cubby boxes at work because they have points on them, and I work in a tire shop!

I would at the least have a parachute just in case.

What does OCEA stand for?

OHHHH, wait, you meant OSHA, as in Occupational Safety and Health Administration. It mentions in the video that OSHA approves their methods, even the freeclimbing.

as far as the video...fuck that. I don't even like getting on my goddamn roof to put up christmas lights.

I can barely watch that video.

Last edited:
though at 225 there is a slight chance that you might have a few breaths left

at 1700 its more like *splat*

well i guess when you fall from that distance it makes you look like a badass cuz people will say yeah he fel from 1700 ft in the air. lol

We have a couple of those tall towers in NC; I used to drive by a site that had three of them when I worked in Clayton(you can see it from the next town(s)).

I'd only do it if I were drugged up and was on a safety line the whole way up.

I'd do it if I had a wing suit.

10flying.xlarge1.jpg

lol, I was actually thinking of that. Though I heard you have to jump 300 times before you're licensed to jump with a wingsuit(don't know if that applies to base jumping though).

I've done it! Its not so bad.. You do keep a suspicious eye on the aircraft in the area while you're up there.. Those are the most frightening thing. I can hang on and not let go, but if an aircraft hits the tower, there isn't a damn thing I can do.

After about 200ft, its all the same.

as soon as he hit the pegged ladder, thats where i went "fuck that!" ..crazy fucker hooking on and leaning back relaxing.. lol..

actually, the part before the pegged ladder, where he has to climb off the regular ladder around the edge of that shit... i'd have a brown moment .. lol

I'd fucking hate that tool bag.

Couldn't agree more. I would take a claw hammer to the engineer designing the tower and force him to install a tool box at various sections that has all the crap I need.

yes, thats a good idea.
that way, after you climb your happy ass ALL the way to the top, you find that the last guy up there didnt latch it closed correctly and now all the tools are rusted out and covered in bird shit.

yes, thats a good idea.
that way, after you climb your happy ass ALL the way to the top, you find that the last guy up there didnt latch it closed correctly and now all the tools are rusted out and covered in bird shit.

Said fellow would receive the last of the beating I saved from beating the engineer.

I'd just report that the tower is broken and can't be fixed.

I honestly think I could climb it, however I know it would take me 2 weeks to get down, if I ever made it.

I've never had issues going up, its the getting down part that always screws with me.

No thank you.

Back