COD: Black ops

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So now I'm up to level 26, 13th prestige. I might just go all the way with this shit...

they dont have a HCHQ option.. they have a BOMBS option which is all games w/ bombs obviously
Thats effin gay. I dont wanna play domination, just CTF so "Hard Core Flags" is gay. Why does Core still get to choose?

Did you go to the find a match screen, or did you join a friends game that was already going on?

I don't have that much experience in HC, so I'm not sure exactly why it did what it did.

Did you go to the find a match screen, or did you join a friends game that was already going on?.
I went to the find a match screen. Im guessing some of their servers were barely getting used so they just roped people that like CTF, HQ, or Domi. into the "flags" category. And All the bomb types together, etc. Seems like more people play the core versions, so its cost (or whatever reasoning they could have) effective to keep them all seperated. Sucks for you if you need a specific match type to Pro a class though.

Finally got the new maps a couple nights ago. Theyre effin HUGE! Brutal, if youre wanting to do more sniping, youre going to love them. Especially Hazard (the golf course one.) Looooooong corridor like fairways with many different levels of elevation throughout. Lots of cover with good views. In the 4+ matches Ive played on it theyve all been sniper matches. Lots of fun.

Drive-In is a decent sniper level with lots of room for gun fights. Again, a shit load of cover including large patches of really tall grass that will no doubt breed campers abound. but still a great match.

I havent played much Silo but the place is massive, as is Hangar 18 where I've seen some good balance between sniping spots, open battle fields with some cover, and elevation differences.

On all maps its seems they were trying to take care of the sniper some more. Each one has similarly setup crows nest type structures inside the buildings. But for each one they left many ways to take the sniper out so it isnt over powered. y favorite so far is Hazard followed by Drive-In.

Good to hear a positive review. They're coming out for PS3 on the 27th. Hopefully they do double xp as well. I could hit 15th prestige easily with another round of double xp...

Did you go to the find a match screen, or did you join a friends game that was already going on?

I don't have that much experience in HC, so I'm not sure exactly why it did what it did.

I just clicked find match on CTF, played one CTF, the next game I was in HCHQ.

lol Yea. I started to really like HC CTF when I played it a lot to get my marathon pro. Sucks I cant just opt into it cause the core version is lame as fuck with the constant mini map. No excitement.

i was playing on xbox lastnight and there was a chopper in the air and it was actually bouncing around back and forth in the sky
weirdest glitch i've ever seen
and i took out a chopper with a tomahawk, good times

I've seen vids of people doing it - I guess the the whole instakill thing works on vehicles too.

when you hit the chopper you'll hear multiple "hit" sounds
sometimes it takes it out, sometimes not
threw a random cross map tomahawk last night, probably should have tried to theater/upload it but lazy won

Another nice snipe. I call it Threading the Needle. haha I saw the guy before my team mate so I wasnt going to give up the kill. He kept missing, so I took care of the job.
‪Threadng the Needle (COD Black Ops snipe)‬‏ - YouTube

I love how in the second angle the guy just drops out of view. Also how after I shot the guy my team mate looks around to see wtf just killed the guy.

Oh, and Im not the guy standing like an idiot on the crane. I was below it and in the bushes. The guy never saw me coming.

Last edited:
lmao, i can't even see the guys name or anything in your scope shot

i went to 3rd prestige on PS3 lastnight
i'm an absolute gun whore, picking up any other gun instead of using the mpk5

Back