Code 45? timing?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
alright.. the GSR threw a CEL last night..

45- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
96-98 96-98 97-98 n/a 96-97 96-98 96-98
System Too Lean or Too Rich
malfunction in the fuel monitoring systems

now if the timing was off, would it cause this? i suspect the timing is off a bit after the timing belt change.. it hasnt felt right since and i havent had a chance to check it because i dont have a timing light..

yes, possibly but you would get more then that code.

get gas at a different place?

check your tps, map, evap system, o2 sensor,
also fuel filter and injector ohmage

the car kinda sputters at idle... and when i step on it, it feels like something is holding it back

also a intake mani leak, mine did that exactly except when i stepped on the gas it just stalled out, so maybe look into that?

I would start off by checking the timing. Its to coincidental that you had the problems right after having the t belt changed. Also double check your marks and make sure your not off a tooth or something like that.

I know this sounds retarded for a stock vehicle, but seriously.. adjustable cam gears are probably the best investment I ever made.. so easy to correct little things like this...

My vote is for timing because its sputtering and hesitating..

if not timing maybe a clogged cat if it has some mileage on it

cat has 110k max.. and yes.. i'm thinking the timing it retarded to much.. i have a buddy with a timing gun coming by later

nah... never got it.. Carlos couldnt find it.. its fine for now.. she's been driving the car to work everyday and she makes it.. its something that can wait

BTW.. welcome to Hondaswap

Oh okay be sure to let us know what it was when it gets fixed. Thanks for the kind welcome this forum is badass:)

I just swapped to an ls, mine is doing the same thing, sputters when its below 3000 rpm. I think its the position of the distributor but i know for sure i have a leak somewhere in the throttle body. I think changing gaskets will do the trick but does anyone know the correct dist. postition for the ls by chance?

I just swapped to an ls, mine is doing the same thing, sputters when its below 3000 rpm. I think its the position of the distributor but i know for sure i have a leak somewhere in the throttle body. I think changing gaskets will do the trick but does anyone know the correct dist. postition for the ls by chance?

icon_threadjacked.gif

:ban:

i'm sorry.. did i make you mad or something?? eh.. oh well..

its not hard to post a topic.. use your brain and figure it out.. in the meantime .. heres some negative feedback

Back