Complete JDM H22A swap.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kennethmina

Hi, I have 92 prelude S model (base and slow) and I am so hungry for the complete JDM H22A swap, of course "complete" means including the tranny, ecu, and so on.

And, I so far have about $1500 in my bank and I don't think I can save more coz I have to pay my tuition fee. Anyway, I wonder whether I can make it happen to swap or not. I really want it, and I want to do it right. Not to mess up something or save up money on something then regret in the future.

So, can anybody hook me up please :( for the swap?

Thanks. Pleasa give advice!!!!

KEN

Nope. Took me a bit over $3000, after the motor, shipping, and extra parts. You might be able to get hooked up as far as the motor goes, but you'll want to replace the timing belt and water pump as well, not to mention basic routine tune-up stuff (oil change, new plugs, etc). You've also got to figure in a little extra for broken/missing parts. It's not cheap.

But, one of our sponsor "www.jdm-whore.com" or "www.jdmclub.com" has the complete changeover for only $2300 shipped. So, if I do it myself, then it should cost me $2500 for the whole swap. Could it be?

Anyway, did anybody get any motor from this company, "www.jdm-whore.com"? their engine looks very clean.

Please advice.

Thanks

You are going to need more than $200 in parts for the swap. Shit always breaks in shipping and no matter how many times the company swears to you that they will replace anything that is needed for the motor to start, they won't. I would count on at least $400 for parts probably more.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Oct 22 2002, 11:35 AM
You are going to need more than $200 in parts for the swap. Shit always breaks in shipping and no matter how many times the company swears to you that they will replace anything that is needed for the motor to start, they won't. I would count on at least $400 for parts probably more.

yeah, its the broken shit and the basic tune-up shit you forget to budget. plus no matter how "complete" a swap is you're always in need of more parts.

lol i hate to be the black sheep of the site... but ACTUALLY... i got my jdm h22a with nothing broken, i actually got more than i paid for (didnt pay for the distributor and it was there) and i got the motor for 1400 on www.hondamotorsonline.com but mind you that is just the motor, you're going to need a tranny and an ecu, depending on if you're going turbo or not is going to decide on which tranny you would choose, i personally am running the h23 tranny because i plan on boosting it, and im running the p28 ecu that i got for like 2 bills, but you can get that cheaper from www.car-part.com if you look long enough. so if you do the swap yourself you could most likely get by under 2 grand if you work it right. btw the 1400 is shipped to a business, if you have a cool friend you can get them to deliver it to their work and just take it home from there.
just my 2¢
Zac

forgot to add, you're going to need to either find the stock h22 down pipe or get a header as well, your stock exhaust wont bolt up to the h22 manifold (learned this the hard way :)

Back