compression 300psi all around good for wet NOS?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teambypass

Read my signature for mods. Ok, guys, after spend so much money for NA mods and my best time is 14 flat. I believe I could easily hit high 13s, but I expected to be in the low 13s with my mods. So, I was thinking for my new mod, a wet kit, this should bring me to my goal, but does it worth? I know that when spray, you have to retard your timing, which in an all-motor, you will lose some HP but will gain some when spray. My guestion is, how much of HP would normally gain between all-motor and retard timing then spray? For example, my car pushing 190 at the wheel and by retarding the timing, suppose it drop to 150HP and I spray a 55 shot wet, how much of horsepower do I expect? if I will only jump from 190HP to 210HP by spraying, then I dont think its worth the investment. Would it save to spray 55 shoot in my high compression (300psi all around motor). I dont want my motor to blow, so reliability and safety is my priority in my decision to spray. Of course, I always have a reputable shop dyno tune my car wheather NA, NOS, or turbo charging. any comments. thanks...

have you tuned yet?
190 seems low
but with a good direct port wet kit you could go for a larger shot and have less of a need to retard the timing as much.

Yes, I had it dyno tuned twice by two differnt reputable shops in town; one by a dyno jet and the other one is a Mustang dyno meter(dont remember the names of the two dyno systems) but both produced different horsepower. What is the expective power gain from spraying a wet system, such as a 55 shot? i am staying with 55 shot for reliability and safety. Will it be safe to spray more? thanks

I run a NXL kit one of the direct port cheaters. Im running a 60 shot and it only puts 40 down to the wheels. but i also have a basic system with no heater purge valve and all that fun stuff you should have. spraying is great but its hard on your motor. I have to take my plugs out every week and check them for wear and tear. Me personally i wouldnt go with a dry system. those things are notorious for blowing head gaskets. A wet shot is the best way to go in my book.

certainly go wet because you have such high compression.. The extra fuel is good insurance. No idea how much HP you will lose retarding timing though, thats something to ask a dyno.

I've personally seen a 50 shot put 30 HP to the wheels though, and from what I've seen online and other places, a 100 shot is never a 100 shot and a 75 isn't a 75... its always been less..

Strap that bastard on and see for yourself! If you do it, come back and post numbers.

Hmmm...IF in the case that I could only gain 30 ish from a 55 shot, and that would put me in 220 rang, which I could probably hit low 13s. But 30 ponnies are not much comparing cost and benefit along with the risk of spraying. I think with minor adjustment and modify, Im confident that I should hit high to mid 13s this comming season after the snow clears up. Plus, my setup is realiable, I have no major problem at all and I like that. However, when I have the money or my moto blow, I will go turbo, whichever comes first. I really want to go turbo, but with the money invest in NA and the expense of switching to turbo, just too costly and nonesense. So, I decided to say NA and see if i can improve this coming season. I will definately go turbo if something's wrong with my motor that requires major repair. thanks for all the inputs guys.

with that setup you should be putting more then 200 to the ground. what tranny and clutch are you using? A GSR with those mods should be tearing up axles and tires like a mofo. depending on how much gas you want to use you could go turbo. you can turbo on a high comp motor but it takes alot of tuning to do it right. a high comp turbo motor is a thing to fear. im keeping my b16 right at 10.2 when i turbo. everyone says go low comp but i always try something other then the norm.

Back