converter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

when converting units, I rearly use the same site. I just go to google, type in unit converter and I get 654654 hits. got to love google.

this kid kept asking me what 90mm was equal to in inches... so i searched and this came up... pesky little rats.

after a year of college level physics, and working on a shit load of honda's, I think that I would have no problems getting rid of the US system.

So how many inches are in a mile? Well in a kilometer there are 1000x1000 millimeters. Not too hard to do in your head.

I cant stand...

MEasure a line 5 9/32" long. WTF? Metric system is so much easier to fuckin use. God damn Americans and our tendancies to make shit much harder.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Apr 7 2004, 08:13 PM
when converting units, I rearly use the same site. I just go to google, type in unit converter  and I get 654654 hits. got to love google.

Actually, Google has a built in calculator and converter. Type something like:
Code:
12 feet in meters
or
Code:
half a cup in teaspoons
in the search bar and it will convert it for you.

More info here and here.

Originally posted by SpodaB1@Apr 7 2004, 10:42 PM
MEasure a line 5 9/32" long. WTF? Metric system is so much easier to fuckin use. God damn Americans and our tendancies to make shit much harder.

Ha ha. Yea thats so ture. Fractions, weird numbers that add up to other things that really are not related. Simple sets of ten make the world SO much easier.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Apr 7 2004, 09:45 PM-->
@Apr 7 2004, 10:42 PM

Ha ha. Yea thats so ture. Fractions, weird numbers that add up to other things that really are not related. Simple sets of ten make the world SO much easier.

:werd:

we just HAVE to use the fucking english system
fucking england doesnt even use the english system

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Apr 8 2004, 06:16 AM-->
Originally posted by asmallsol@Apr 7 2004, 09:45 PM
SpodaB1
@Apr 7 2004, 10:42 PM

:werd:

we just HAVE to use the fucking english system
fucking england doesnt even use the english system

They use MPH, this guy at Hockenheimring one time had to have his speedo converted.

fuck thats right ... i forgot about that one

ok so in british they use metric for everything accept speed limits

wait a fucking second here

thats fucking retarded.... they use the killometer for measuring distance but MPH for speed???????

fucking british :slap:

we use the system we use for a reason. it has something to do with construction and cost. my engineering professor was telling me about it last semester, and its right in the back of my head as to the exact explaination, damnit, lol.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Apr 8 2004, 01:53 PM
we use the system we use for a reason. it has something to do with construction and cost. my engineering professor was telling me about it last semester, and its right in the back of my head as to the exact explaination, damnit, lol.

back a few years ago (10+ years) there was a program of the government was trying to switch us to the standard, however, people never really excepted it, so it never happened. Sometimes on road trips, you may see sings saying "New York City, xx miles, xxx Kilometers.

Back