cooling question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rkwoos12

ok so i just changed the cooling thermostat in my 94 civic ex and after driving the car for 10 miles the lower radiator hose is still cold and every other hose is warm/hot could this be because the engine isnt hot enough for the thermostat to open?

Well I would assume the car is at normal operation temp? just a bit below 1/2 right? well I have seen this a bunch here in my state were the weather is colder that the bottom hose will be cold or sort of warm. Basicly check the temp gague, also is the top of the head warm or does it feel really hot?

Well! How hot is the block??? Does it feel like u could cook eggs, or does it feel sort of warm? if its hot as he** I would start to worrie about the Rad being clogged or the temp sensor being the wrong 1... just some ideas 4 u.. let us know

ok well my temp guage dosent work in the cluster so i dont know how hot the temp of the motor is.

Fix your shit. Then you will know if you are running hot or not. Don't throw parts at it to attempt to fix what you THINK is wrong when you can fix what you KNOW is wrong and go from there...

ok ao i drove the car some more today and the fan kicked in and the lower radiator hose is working great but for the temp sensor i check every thing seems to hooked up but im guessing the where the car has 3 guages, a/f, boost, and pyrometer im thinking that the peoplethat had the car befor me wired the pyrometer up to the original temp guage but idk.

Fix your shit. Then you will know if you are running hot or not. Don't throw parts at it to attempt to fix what you THINK is wrong when you can fix what you KNOW is wrong and go from there...

I hear that stock electronic Honda temp. gauges are garbage and that you should go with an aftermarket manual gauge.

I don't know for sure, but my gauge (standard from an EX civic) shows less than half all the time. ONE time it jumped all the way to the H. I'm not sure it works at all.

My speedometer doesn't work, and neither does the tach haha but tachs are for n00bs who can't drive. Sucks ass really now I have to buy a third cluster...

I've never had a problem with the clusters, or any components of them, with the exception of the lights. And even at that, I only had to replace one little bulb. To the best of my knowledge, everything is accurate and works properly on all the Hondas I have owned.

temp guage

ok i narrowed it down my tempsender is good and all my wires are hooked up, the temp guage its self dosent work so ill probably get a new cluster or an aftermarket guage

Back