crx field vtec wiring?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

raceinspiredrex

i've searched but kind find what i'm looking for. i'm going to be doing a y8 mini me head and manifold swap on my 88 crx si and will be using a field vtec controller for the time being. i'm not sure how to hook the controller up though. i've seen the writeup for use with a prelude ecu, but not ours. i'm sure somebody here has done the install, and i would love to know how you got it all hooked up. and if you have some kind of diagram, that would really help. please let me know. thanks a lot

why? it's only a couple of wires to hook up the vtec properly , 70 bucks for a ecu harness( ebay) and 40 bucks in the junkyard for a p28, Do it the right way.You can chip the p28 to use only 1 o2 wire for 50 bucks.

because i have everything like this for now. i will do it eventually. please, i'm not asking you how to hook up a p28, i'm asking how to hook up the fields vtec controller. i'm not meaning to be rude, but i hate how everybody says that. i understand that it's the "right" way, but i just want to hook it up like this for now. so if anybody has advice on hooking it up, i'd really appreciate it. thanks

i really want to just run it this way for now. i can always put it back to the way it was with water/weatherproof butt connectors or soldered with heat shrink.

i found a few diagrams but they don't really make sense, or i just don't really understand them. this is a obd0 car so i'm not completely sure. can you guys please stop trying to turn me away from doing it? i want to give it a shot and finally crack vtec for the first time lol. yes, that's right, i'm vtec virgin lol. can anybody help, please? thanks a lot

dude! is this not a hint that you shouldn't do it!? if all these techs are telling you its a bad idea, why do you still want to do it! they have told you a couple times its not going to work properly, and your not going to get the results you want. its going to make a minimal gain and just put stress on the engine. if your a vtec virgin, why not wait to unleash full vtec, instead of pussy vtec. what your doing just makes no sense. people tell you things for a reason, not just to see themselves type.

first of all, chill out a little bit alright. so using a vtec controller to activate vtec hurts my motor? how so? i know they're saying it's better, but why? why's it the "right" way? and i plan on doing a clean obd1 swap but just not right now. i'm not trying to piss anybody off, those aren't my intentions at all. nobody's giving me any feedback as to why i should swap to obd1 anyways, everybody's just telling me not to do it and not use a vtec controller. why? why won't a vtec controller work? i'm just looking to learn, i've never done this before. i've done tons of research and a vtec controller seems to have worked before. please help me understand, in a constructive way. thanks a lot

first of all, chill out a little bit alright. so using a vtec controller to activate vtec hurts my motor? how so? i know they're saying it's better, but why? why's it the "right" way? and i plan on doing a clean obd1 swap but just not right now. i'm not trying to piss anybody off, those aren't my intentions at all. nobody's giving me any feedback as to why i should swap to obd1 anyways, everybody's just telling me not to do it and not use a vtec controller. why? why won't a vtec controller work? i'm just looking to learn, i've never done this before. i've done tons of research and a vtec controller seems to have worked before. please help me understand, in a constructive way. thanks a lot
bump

bump. can you guys please help me with the wiring rather than trying to talk me out of it. i will eventually go obd1 with some better stuff, but i'm going to use what i have for now and the money i have now to do this setup. please help. thanks again

I wasn't upset at all, i was just voicing my opinion. It is the wrong way because your ecu does not have the fuel maps, or proper timing to use the vtec properly. Meaning that it will engage vtec the right way, but not change the timing accordingly, or add more fuel when it kicks in. it doesn't seem like anyone has really done that before, i am interested in seeing how it is done myself, maybe if you can post some of those diagrams you have, someone will be able to understand them better. just a thought.

bump. seriously you guys, i know somebody can help me out here. i'm actually begging lol. please! thanks

Back