D16A gaskets

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EvilBob

Does anyone know if the D16A SOHC VTEC uses the same gasket set as the D16y8? If not, what gasket set does it use?

I am planning on replacing pretty much all of the gaskets on the motor. I ordered a full set of Fel-pro gaskets since I had not got a reply. Which ones wont work?

not sure off hand. can probably do some part number lookups against old catalogs and service manuals.

i say compare the old to the new as you replace it. if it doesn't line up perfectly, research if it's a different part number, or blocks some fluid flow/etc if it sticks out differently. Otherwise, you're probably safe to use it.

Yeah that's kinda what I was planning at this point. Nervous more about the ecu pinout more now. I think the motor is from an hrv and I need to use the harness that's coming on it since the one in the car is who knows what. 😂

Screenshot_20220420-201634.png

Yeah it's a JDM d16a that I'm throwing in it. Its supposed to be getting delivered by Friday. Not that I trust R&L carriers to be on time. Tracking hasn't updated since it left Chicago on the 16th. 😂

Back