D16A

• Thread starter Thread starter NEWHOE
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2K

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NEWHOE

I found a webpage on a search engine that said my D16A engine that I am putting into my civic is the same thing as a D16ZC. I am confused on what engine I have and what year it is, can anyone help me out. I am ready to put it into my civic and the distributor from the stock D15B7 wont line up with the D16A. Am I doing something wrong or what?

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Oct 23 2004, 11:03 PM
and the d15b7 parts will be no good to you at all. and you will need to rewire the car for dpfi
[post=406662]Quoted post[/post]​

there is no number after the d16a on the engine. what do you mean dpfi.

your car is a dx right
and when you look at it there is nothing else on the engine code on the left of the motor are you sure

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Oct 23 2004, 11:09 PM
your car is a dx right
and when you look at it there is nothing else on the engine code on the left of the motor are you sure
[post=406666]Quoted post[/post]​

yes it is a dx and I am positive. I have looked at it about 15 times tonight to figure out what engine model and year it is. I bought it from an engine shop here that said it was from japan.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Oct 23 2004, 11:13 PM
ok what did it come with?
and what car is it out of
[post=406670]Quoted post[/post]​

It is a complete engine. The guy told me it came out of a civic and said that it would bolt right into my car. He even told me I can use the same wiring harness but I would have to hook up the vtec. He sold me the right ECU as well.

ok 1
you have a dpfi car and the new engine is mpfi yuo need to searck for a thread about wiring this up we just coverd it this week.
the you need to run vtec wires
you need a diffrent dis2sy the one that comes with the engine.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Oct 23 2004, 11:23 PM
ok 1
you have a dpfi car and the new engine is mpfi yuo need to searck for a thread about wiring this up we just coverd it this week.
the you need to run vtec wires
you need a diffrent dis2sy the one that comes with the engine.
[post=406673]Quoted post[/post]​

what do you mean dis2sy and what is the difference in the dpfi and the mpfi and will the same harness work.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Oct 23 2004, 11:32 PM
dissy ie distributor
and yes your harness will work but you need to add new wires to it do a search for dpfi to mpfi
[post=406678]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for all of the help. Can you give me suggestions on where to get the new dissy and for what year do i get it for.

Back